Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear Night Run Report

On Saturday evening, June 10, 2006, Supe (TJSupe), George Kropp (TDS SD) and I made a sunset run to Butler Peak and a night run of Gold Mountain. Butler Peak is located approximately six miles west of Fawnskin, at an elevation of 8533 feet, and features a former Forest Service Lookout tower.

We timed our arrival so we could view the sunset and the moonrise:

The tower is open to visitors during the day but it was closed by the time of our evening arrival. Visitors are allowed to walk around the catwalk.

This is a view of Lake Arrowhead:

A view of Big Bear Lake:

A view of the moonrise:

A view toward the southwest of Highway 18:

More pictures of Butler Peak are found here
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

After visiting Butler Peak, we headed to Gold Mountain:

George and Supe easily made it up the first waterfall. I usually take the bypass, but since I now have bigger tires than the last time I ran the trail, I thought I would try it, and managed to get stuck. George had to strap me over it.

We negotiated the rock garden without incident. The consensus is that the rock garden is getting easier and easier:

More pictures of the night run are here
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

Comment

Nice photos Russ!!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Nice pics for sure.

The rock garden isnt getting easier, the rigs are getting more built
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

John Bull trail

Made my first run over the John Bull trail on 6/10/06 in my 04 "X" with a couple of friends in heavily modified Jeeps. My Jeep is mostly stock with a 4" pro-comp suspension lift, 33" tires Rubicon Express disconnects and new 4.56 gears front and rear and un-locked. Made it over the trail with very little problems due to some great spotting and great friends. We also went up to Butler Peak the following day and the views were breath taking. This was my first time to BB and I know I'll be back real soon
          Rick

IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!
          http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j80/yellowfever_photos/[/url]

Comment

Working...
          X