Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattlesnake Canyon / Big Bear area Sat, Sept 27th

Hello everyone. I know the Calico run is this weekend but I just thought I'd still throw this out there in case some of you can't make it to Calico.

A buddy of mine in his Toyota and myself are going to run the Rattlesnake Canyon trail for the 1st time. It's off of Hwy 247 between Yucca and Johnson Valleys. It ends east of Big Bear and we'll run some other trails in the Big Bear area for the remainder of the day.

We're meeting @ 7am at the Jack in the Box at the Green River exit off of the 91 frwy. I'm guessing we'll be at the trail head off of hwy 247 @ roughly 8:00ish.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to come and join us!

Rich

Just an FYI... I ran Rattlesnake canyon once, a few years ago. Not only did I not see (or hear) a rattlesnake, I never put the Jeep into 4WD! Not once! I was greatly disappointed. It was an interesting way to get from the 247 up to BigBear, but I'll take the 18 from now on

Comment

Originally posted by TommyJeep
      Just an FYI... I ran Rattlesnake canyon once, a few years ago. Not only did I not see (or hear) a rattlesnake, I never put the Jeep into 4WD! Not once! I was greatly disappointed. It was an interesting way to get from the 247 up to BigBear, but I'll take the 18 from now on

Wow! That sux. How was the scenery? Anything special?

Rich (having 2nd thoughts now!)

Comment

If you like the desert with bushes 'n stuff, yeah, good scenery. Personally, I think there's a lot better stuff around that's more worth while. Just buzzing up the 18 and hitting the BB trails AgAiN is better wheeling and better scenery, IMHO.

But on the other hand, it is nice to see a new trail once in a while... Also, it's been YEARS since I did rattlesnake, and it's possible rain has washed it out a bit and maybe 4WD is actually needed now.

Comment

Working...
        X