Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dishpan Run: Memorial Day 2006

Absolutely the funnest trail in all of the SBNF. We ran it today from the west to east with three Land Cruisers and ended up meeting with Rick & Sarah in their built rig. Good times!!!

We found a green pos "BAMF" Land Cruiser abandoned and blocking the trail after the young arrogant hot headed owner rolled it last night with his buddies. After uprighting their rig, the owner tossed his trash and plex glass front windshield over the side. After we recovered it and kindly tossed it back into his truck and Rick trying desperately to winch a log back so others could pass, they showed up from a return trip to OC with parts, generator, and a welder. 2 hrs later, we collectively pushed his broken rig aside and ever so gently made our way pass him. For his sake, his buddies calmed down and pulled him out through Green Valley.

All in all...GREAT wheelin'and quite a few rigs on the trail with several bikes cruising through!!! The ruts, v-notches, and rocks brought me an ear to ear grin all day long. Perhaps Sarah could post up some pics???

Thanks to the Dirt Devils and SBNF OHV Volunteers for keeping the trail as it was designated-a black diamond!

p.s. Diff protection and low gearing strongly recommended
    Last edited by FJ Crawlin'; 05-29-06, 08:53 PM.
    "run forest, run!"

My group found the gates still locked on Friday, however, a quick call to the local ranger station and Ranger Rick was over in short order to open them for us. The trail was ride was sweet! The middle water fall is a nice little challenge. Will post a couple pic's later.

Hey "FJ", where did BAMF roll (middle waterfall)? He and his group were behind us when we ran John Bull on Sunday.
    Last edited by GrimJeeper91; 05-30-06, 06:14 AM.
    '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

Originally posted by GrimJeeper91
      My group found the gates still locked on Friday, however, a quick call to the local ranger station and Ranger Rick was over in short order to open them for us. The trail was ride was sweet! The middle water fall is a nice little challenge. Will post a couple pic's later.

Hey "FJ", where did BAMF roll (middle waterfall)? He and his group were behind us when we ran John Bull on Sunday.
      Past the middle waterfall. He ripped his front end on the waterfall and was being towed out when he rolled-without steering. You guys were lucky to be ahead of them on jb.
      "run forest, run!"

Comment

Mark, really great to wheel with you! Sorry we didn't get a chance to say goodbye at the end ... I'll split this thread and post some pics in a little bit. Your FJ rocks!
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Crawlin'
          Past the middle waterfall. He ripped his front end on the waterfall and was being towed out when he rolled-without steering. You guys were lucky to be ahead of them on jb.
          One vehicle from our group ended up behind them. BAMF and his buddies were total a**holes and they were also drinking on the trail...
          '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

yupper that's our friends! I read a post that his buddies dragged his pos out to Green Valley and loaded it up on a trailer.

Sarah, we enjoyed you and Rick as well. We stopped before the gate to grab a drink and turn our hubs. We elected to head out for home instead of Baldwin Lake. I'm itching to go again...
            "run forest, run!"

Comment

A Few RAW Photos

I took a few RAW photos on the trail and processed them to show a high dynamic range (HDR). I'm impressed with these, mostly because the rocks aren't totally washed out. Regular jpegs to follow shortly...

Rick just past the waterfall

Mark on the waterfall

Comment

Seeing those pic's brings back a lot of memories. It has been a long time since I have been through there. Looks a definite trail to run very soon.

Comment

What no pics from our 2 hour delay behind BAMF?

Thanks!
                  "run forest, run!"

Comment

Here's the pics
                    This is the new and in-progress trail reports section ... if anything looks wacky, please let me know. Thanks!

Comment

Sweet pic's!
                      Drew
                      95yj Six Pack

Comment

Looks like good times Nice pics! Gotta get up there soon!!!
                        -Bob
                        '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

I hate to admit this....

But Ive NEVER been on Dishpan

Glad to hear its finally reopened!

Tam
                          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Sweet, I broke the trail reports section.

Comment

trail report still done broke down.....lol...........as you are coming up the waterfall, i tried the far right step ups.......almost did a wheelie over the top. Mad Mike and a few others jumped onto my front bumper unitl i could get winched off.........might have to go try again this weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X