X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Achy Breaky

Meanwhile, Matt (Matt2001TJ) took these pictures on the Achy Breaky run:

Matt discovered an unwelcome visitor under his Jeep:

Matt took this movie of the crowd gathered to look at the snake (warning: large download)

If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

Comment

Devils loop

Devild Loop was too mild for me. I should of gone one on one of the rougher runs. I think Russ was about five vehicles behind me.
      The yellow Toyota got some rock rash on the drivers side. They are 4" wider them my YJ and much lower and did a pretty good job on the trail for a bone stock vehicle.

Comment

Sunday, The Gatekeeper at Doran Canyon

On Sunday morning, Drew (Drewminator) and Erik (Nailer341) decided to run the Gatekeeper at Doran Canyon on their own instead of with the HDR led run through the Calico area. This is the BEFORE picture:

Since it was Sunday morning, it was appropriate that Reverend Jason led the traditional blessing of the Jeeps prior to the Gatekeeper run:

The intrepid Jeepers as they approach the Gatekeeper:

Drew slips off the rock:

Drew’s passenger bails out:

After we got Drew unstuck, he tried it again:

WARNING: the following video is a large download:

Drew got out of his rig and discussed tire placement with Erik:

Drew’s right rear tire dropped into the hole, but he used his winch to pull himself out:

WARNING: the following video is a large download:

SUCCESS!! (loud cheers and applause from the spectators)

KI6MLU

Comment

Erik's turn

Now it’s Erik’s turn on the Gatekeeper:

WARNING: the following video is a large file download:

We heard a loud POP, and then saw some fluid leaking from his left front wheel:

KI6MLU

Comment

The carnage

The carnage:

KI6MLU

Comment

Great Pics. Wish I could have made this one looks like fun. Glad everyone mad it back in one piece.

Comment

[QUOTE=Russ Chung]
                This morning, I saw a parked Jeep with a MyJeepRocks.com decal, but the driver wasn't at the vehicle, and I didn't recognize the Jeep, so there must be other MJR members out here.

Was it by chance a Red Jeep?? LIke this one pictured (King4wd and King4wd2 were there in 2 Jeeps) We were scheduled to do Devil's Loop, but I was having traction issues with my horrible All Terrains so we did Blue Moon with Jesse May.
                1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
                  Originally posted by Russ Chung
                  This morning, I saw a parked Jeep with a MyJeepRocks.com decal, but the driver wasn't at the vehicle, and I didn't recognize the Jeep, so there must be other MJR members out here.
                  Was it by chance a Red Jeep?? LIke this one pictured (King4wd and King4wd2 were there in 2 Jeeps) We were scheduled to do Devil's Loop, but I was having traction issues with my horrible All Terrains so we did Blue Moon with Jesse May.

Yes, that's where I saw it (in the lineup area for the Blue Moon run). SO WHERE'S YOUR TRIP REPORT????
                  KI6MLU

Comment

you guy's are nuckin' fut's . ever imagine a grand goin' there?
                    All the way in my ZJ

Comment

Originally posted by gr8scott
                      you guy's are nuckin' fut's . ever imagine a grand goin' there?
                      you mean like this?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Kings Report

Originally posted by Russ Chung
                        Yes, that's where I saw it (in the lineup area for the Blue Moon run). SO WHERE'S YOUR TRIP REPORT????
                        Sorry it's late, but been having problems with the server on this site, so hopefully I can get this posted.

Like I said, we were scheduled to line up for Devil's Loop, but with my traction issues with my horrible All Terrains that I have on my heep Tom and I opted to ditch the Loop and go with Jesse May and the Blue Moon run. I still had traction issues going up 2 of the hills, but made it up with some spotting. My one issue was on the bypass towards the end of the trail. All I can say is, I need new tires badly. We didn't have any problems of breakage on the trail, but we did have a new FJ Cruiser on the run with us. He actually did quite well! We had a blast. We saw Matt and Erik, sorry didn't see the rest of you. We decided to camp off by ourselves due to having Tara with us this year and because our teenager's attitude didn't need to be around anyone else.

Some good news, during the raffle we did win for Tom's Jeep a Currie Bumper with Grill guard; however, we need to invest in the Currie Anti Rock sway bar because it won't work with his current set up. I'd post a picture of my Jeep in action, but don't have it downloaded onto a website yet.
                        1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                        Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Working...
                        X