Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holcomb

So we got there nice and early and headed for Holcomb. First off camber section had a nice lil pucker factor.

Then started on the rock garden.

I got into this bad habbit of getting high centered.

Testing the plastic

Old habbits

Rat patrol had no prob

Only casuallty for Holcomb, not bad.
    Last edited by paulhead; 05-20-06, 07:27 PM.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

sundance and nate split after Holcomb, especially nate ready to blow up big bear with a leaky gas tank. But rat patrol and I and some new (jeep) heads we met decided to have a little lunch and hit john bull (just rat and I). As far as the jamboree mob turns out we barely saw anyone else up there until towards the end of john bull. We were running it backwards while a few jambo heads we running it foward so being the gentleman I man I moved to the side for them...................and got high centered. Yes I NEED 35's. But rat and I finished the trail and I felt very satisfied with the day. Cool beans dude.

“Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I think i like getting started so early....no one there! Wish i coulda stuck around for Johnbull, but, kinda hard when your gas tank is leaking like a faucet. Friggin think stopped leaking last night! Had a really good time, next time i will have to make it a whole day event. good runnin with you guys.

Rat makin the trail look hard....its ROCK CRAWLING not ROCK RACING.

First rock garden...getting use to the new locker.
      87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
      ~ Dave Howell

Comment

everyone missed me almost going head over heels on this one. Good pic of kurt and his jeep.

nice little dramatic shot.

My dad's first time driving....I think hes hooked. camera is broke too
        87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
        ~ Dave Howell

Comment

nice pics. i gotta do the rockgarden the next time im up there. thats west of crab flats right?
          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Cool pics guys! Looks like a good time, as usual! I can't believe they haven't fixed the first off-camber on Holcomb. That "obstacle" just seems entirely unnecessary. :2:
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

in January 3 of us did holcomb in the freezing rain. we got to the off camber section and 2/3 of us slid off the trail sideways on the ice..that was a rush
              It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

The bypass to the off camber section is to the right.

Comment

Originally posted by stegmst
                  The bypass to the off camber section is to the right.
                  Last I heard that isn't a legal bypass.
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                    So we got there nice and early and headed for Holcomb. First off camber section had a nice lil pucker factor.

Then started on the rock garden.

I got into this bad habbit of getting high centered.

Testing the plastic

Old habbits

Rat patrol had no prob

Only casuallty for Holcomb, not bad.
                    Hey guys, here's a link to the pics I could coax out of my dropped way too many times camera! The Jeeps did well, the cameras took a beating!
                    http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...olcomb%200506/

Nate, you're telling me to slow down?! Yeah, right! Of course with that gas tank leak, you could have become a rocket...

That was a blast, look forward to doing again. Sundance it was a pleasure meeting you, Paul, as always, rockin' good time. Hey Nate, tell your boys I said HI.

Rat
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint
                      nice pics. i gotta do the rockgarden the next time im up there. thats west of crab flats right?

Nate's teeter totter...

I'll be working on this photo thing for a while so be patient.
                      Rat

Comment

Tires

Originally posted by Nate
                        I think i like getting started so early....no one there! Wish i coulda stuck around for Johnbull, but, kinda hard when your gas tank is leaking like a faucet. Friggin think stopped leaking last night! Had a really good time, next time i will have to make it a whole day event. good runnin with you guys.

Rat makin the trail look hard....its ROCK CRAWLING not ROCK RACING.

First rock garden...getting use to the new locker.
                        Nate,
                        I'll get some pics up of the tires we talked about in the next couple of days. Gotta get them down from the warehouse.

C YA,
                        Rat

Comment

nice pics......want to throw the invitation out again for this weekend....we are hitting Gold Mtn ( and leave the dynamite alone ), John Bull and Holcomb. start time is around 0900 Saturday. I am leading another group, most are camping in our backyards if you want to also.....

Comment

Originally posted by FRMNJJ
                            nice pics......want to throw the invitation out again for this weekend....we are hitting Gold Mtn ( and leave the dynamite alone ), John Bull and Holcomb. start time is around 0900 Saturday. I am leading another group, most are camping in our backyards if you want to also.....
                            Sounds like a plan, if I can make it :0 Where do we meet? I'm 80% sure at this point, as the weekend gets closer I'll know for sure. That sounds perfect; Big Bear from East to West. An all dayer, and lookin forward to it! Let me know where to meet...
                            Rat

Comment

will let you know by friday.....trying to get everyone at the bottom of Gold Mtn @ 0900, or you can meet at my house where everyone will also be....will have a hot pot on !!

Comment

Working...
                              X