Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roll Call?

Well looks like i will definitely be there on Sunday, wont be able to make your start time so i wont sign the roll call. I'm meeting up at flying j at 9 for some grub and then hitting the trail around 10. maybe we will catchup to you on the trail if not be safe and hope to run into you guy's another time. did i hear someone say :beer: bring it on (Rat), a Nice Cold one is always nice after a long ride!:gun:
    Not In The Office Look For Me on The Trail's!
    It's a "Jeep Thing" you just wouldn't understand ....

Comment

Looks like we'll be there also. It'll be great to meet some of the people from the MJF board. Are we going to enter from the Hungry Valley side, or Lockwood?

Comment

see you guys at flying J in the morning. My 'net is down this weekend, so I'll PM my cell # to steelman in case you guys don't see me by 8:30...
        03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Thing
          Well looks like i will definitely be there on Sunday, wont be able to make your start time so i wont sign the roll call. I'm meeting up at flying j at 9 for some grub and then hitting the trail around 10. maybe we will catchup to you on the trail if not be safe and hope to run into you guy's another time. did i hear someone say :beer: bring it on (Rat), a Nice Cold one is always nice after a long ride!:gun:
          Fernando, How'd your buddy make out? Did he get the rig home in one piece? I hope so. Man it was friggin cold up there Sunday evening. Wish we could have tripped together, Yellowjacket was a BLAST! Next time...
          Rat
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Double AA
            Looks like we'll be there also. It'll be great to meet some of the people from the MJF board. Are we going to enter from the Hungry Valley side, or Lockwood?
            AA, Did you make it Sunday? I didn't see you or your rig, but there were a lot of vehicles up there. If you made it, hope the ride and company was good. Mine sure was. Have you done Yellow Jacket yet? The dead end side is way cool. Let's hook up for a ride sometime soon. I'll bring the PS fluid, you bring the BEER! ~
            Rat

Comment

If you make that run i want to go again! broken finger, nettels and all!!!
              And yes I did brake my finger.....frog killler
              The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Yes, Rat I made it home all intact. Thanks again for all you guys who help me out. Hopefully I will be up and running by this weekend. Parts should be coming in tomorrow.

Comment

RAT PATROL:

On the way home Sunday evening, three of us from Capo Valley 4 Wheelers ended up having a little bit of conversation on the CB with someone who actually claimed to know you. If I remember right, his name was Shawn, and he was driving a Big A$$ Toyota on 38's. Small World!
                  -Bob
                  '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

definately a good trip guys, i had a ton of fun and learned just from watching other people drive....i just cant believe we actually brought our hi-lifts.....its not like we needed them or anything....hahahah. we made a couple team efforts that worked out great and couldnt' be happier with the group i got to wheel with. sorry i didn't have a camera to take pics, rather put the money into something for the jeep.....hopefully russ will pop in with a couple great shots (like of me getting hung up on the first extra credit)....sorry i blocked it for you capo wheelers, i just had to try it.
                    1978 CJ7, 304 V8, T-150, locked AMC 20 with Superior Axles, Warn M8000, RE 2.5" lift, 31"BFG mudterrains, Naked and dirty 7 months of the year! Cant wait to get more!

Comment

Originally posted by jermy01
                      definately a good trip guys, i had a ton of fun and learned just from watching other people drive....i just cant believe we actually brought our hi-lifts.....its not like we needed them or anything....hahahah. we made a couple team efforts that worked out great and couldnt' be happier with the group i got to wheel with. sorry i didn't have a camera to take pics, rather put the money into something for the jeep.....hopefully russ will pop in with a couple great shots (like of me getting hung up on the first extra credit)....sorry i blocked it for you capo wheelers, i just had to try it.
                      AH HAAAA! So YOU'RE the one! Not a problem, especially when you compare that to the blockage that we ran into with a stock brand new Range Rover and a new Rubi that held us up for about an hour towards the end of the trail. Can't say that the rigs were at fault on that one... Still it was a great day up there.

Speaking of Russ...Hey Russ, where that phenominal trip report that you usually do?!
                      -Bob
                      '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Show us some pic's.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucks XJ
                          Yes, Rat I made it home all intact. Thanks again for all you guys who help me out. Hopefully I will be up and running by this weekend. Parts should be coming in tomorrow.
                          Chuck, Sorry I forgot your name. I met a lot of people last weekend and by the time we met up I was cold, tired and ready for a beer. I'm glad you made it home alright. Look forward to wheelin with you sometime. Maybe you, me and Fernando can hook up at HV for camping sometime.
                          Like to see that rig in action...
                          Rat

Comment

Originally posted by jermy01
                            Jeramy, Crazy man! Good wheelin with you, had a blast. Wheres that High lift thread? And, more important, did we get any pics of the jacks in action????
                            Rat

Comment

Originally posted by steelman
                              RAT PATROL:

On the way home Sunday evening, three of us from Capo Valley 4 Wheelers ended up having a little bit of conversation on the CB with someone who actually claimed to know you. If I remember right, his name was Shawn, and he was driving a Big A$$ Toyota on 38's. Small World!
                              Steel, did we meet this weekend? I can't remember if we did or not. I know I met Fuel Rod. Too many faces and names to cram into this head...
                              Anyway, Sean and I hooked up at, of all places, a stop light in Fullerton. We were supposed to meet up there at Flyin J, but he was running late. Bummer, but I think he did some wheelin anyway. I kept talking with him up until the rain started. Did he tell you about the cold reception he got from a group of jeepers at HV a while back? Pretty crappy, I wish I knew who it was. Anyway, Sunday was a blast. See ya out there...
                              Rat
                              Last edited by RAT; 05-23-06, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steelman
                                AH HAAAA! So YOU'RE the one! Not a problem, especially when you compare that to the blockage that we ran into with a stock brand new Range Rover and a new Rubi that held us up for about an hour towards the end of the trail. Can't say that the rigs were at fault on that one... Still it was a great day up there.

Speaking of Russ...Hey Russ, where that phenominal trip report that you usually do?!
                                Ha haaa, I heard someone on the radio call out "they call this Miller JEEP trail, not the Miller Land Rover trail". It was real slippery up there at the top by the time we got there (spent 3 hours putzin on the yellow jacket dead end). Rain was comin down... I think you all (Capo and the LRs) were already down the mountain and home in a hot shower before we got off the mountain.
                                Rat
                                Last edited by RAT; 05-23-06, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X