Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZ night run Sept 19th

Hey, we are trying to get some people together for a night run this friday. Most likely will be in the FJ area (superstition mtns), and will probably be a "moderate" trail (3.5 - 4.5 on a 5 point scale). Actual trail is yet TBD.

So far, there are only 2 going, we want more......
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Hey Goodtimes,

No one replied on this post...........never fear, I am going to Portland to get my YJ and bring it home this week. Look for me to join you on runs like this in the near future.

Hope you had fun ,
    F

'95 YJ 2.5L 5 Speed
    SOA, 33" BFG Mud Terrains
    Custom Rock Sliders
    Warn 8000# Winch

Comment

I had this trip posted on 4 boards, and only one other person was interested. We ended up not doing the run due to lack of interest. Unfortunately, I won't be on the trails until November now, unless I get some people who want to do week day runs.

KG6OWO

Comment

I may be able to do some weekday runs between now and November.......keep me posted!

By the way where is this run you were trying to set up? And dont forget, I'm new here.......not familiar with the area.
        F

'95 YJ 2.5L 5 Speed
        Custom Rock Sliders
        Warn 8000# Winch

Comment

Most of the runs we have been doing are in the FJ (Florence Junction) area. If you were to take 60 out through Mesa, you would come to AJ (apache Junction), from there follow 60 S/E to FJ, where you take 89 south for a few miles to Cottonwood Canyon Rd. There is a staging area there that is used for alot of the trails in that area (upper and lower woodpecker, upper and lower ajax, hiway to hell, axle alley, Martinez canyon, Box canyon, jack handle, hackberry creek, coke ovens, etc..). That is one of the more popular areas for 'wheeling.

It is probably 1/2 hour - 45 minutes from Mesa.

KG6OWO

Comment

Wow! Thanks Goodtimes.......I never knew I was living so close to some popular trails.

PS - I am currently in Portland, I leave with my YJ for Mesa tomorrow morning.

YAY!
            F

'95 YJ 2.5L 5 Speed
            Custom Rock Sliders
            Warn 8000# Winch

Comment

Working...
            X