Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems a little harder!

Well I was bored Monday so i took a little run through Big Bear's White Mtn trail over to John Bull. Snow is pretty much gone on the North side of the lake and although i have ran these trails for close to 10 yrs now i must admit that both seem to be harder than ever before. I never got stuck or had any real mishaps, but i got white knuckled a few times.
    I ran 12psi and somewhere along the trail i got a piece of a tree in my sidewall/rim.. didnt blow and i didnt even notice til i was off the trail. simply swapped the spare out... also my power steering is now screaming at me so i'll have to check the box and the pump....lovely...

This was my new puppies 1st time out so forgive most of the pictures as they have a cocker spaniel in most of em....

1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Jeep Dogs! Gotta love them!

Looking forward to getting out there again soon! Took some good pics.!
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Well dad decided to take the new FJ Cruiser out and do the Bull this morning.
      We stopped at the Discovery center where he bought me and Babs, you guys remember the sister they straddled me with, a new stuffed toy each to keep us busy while they did the bumpy trail thing. Well there was a Jeep club there with one up on jacks fixing it. Around 9am so they prob were meetin gto go out. Anyway we ran the it from 3n16 to 3n32 and came home.
      He says he actually is impressed with the Toyota, not being a SFA and all. I think it sucks as it is hard to get under to sleep. Anyway the bull has taken its winter lumps, and will soon be back to normal as soon as a few more rocks get rolled and such.
      The jeep is back running so we will soon be back in it and I can be a Jeep Dog again, Friggin Toys are below my standards
      Have Smackos, will travel

Comment

it is harder!

A friend and I ran Gold Mountain on 5/06/06 and it is harder than last time i remember it as well. However, someone has built a few bypasses on the harder ledges. Lucky for us as we did it in my friends Tacoma w/TRD package (rear locker). A couple of previosuly easy obstacle are now a bit of a pain due to being washed out over winter. next time i am taking my jeep and hitting john bull! Nice pics

Comment

Thanks. I havent wheeled in a while. Last time was TDS LAST yr, not this yr. Was in a motorcycle accident and it put me into 3 surgeries and out of work for 6 months. still kinda messed up. anyways, i just said screw it and took the rig out and up to big bear.
          i wasnt sure if i was just rusty or if the trails really were harder. hadnt been up there in about 2 yrs. glad that you agree that they are tougher. that or i just got wimpier!

We should get some people up there for Memorial day.
          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
          X