Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that SUCKS kirk! i really wated to see you run that thing through doran, too.
    what the hell did they send you? i got my gears through "mad 4 wheel drive" too, and had great service.. i'm sure he will get it right for you. too bad with the delays though.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

gap at the ring gear.

Kirk
      1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

notice the front part of the roll cage coming down the front windshield.

some mods still got to be made to make it all come together and the rear all has to be installed.
        Kirk
        1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

i assume you're going to lower gears did they replace the carrier? most Dana/Spicer gearsets lower then 3.92 (IIRC) require a new carrier because the pinion is so much smaller. might want to "remind" them of this fact. ain't no way they'd be able to shim out that much space. i hope they aren't going to try!

Comment

Crappy news Kirk, somebody better get crackin on that thing

I got my axles in, but I wont have the ARB's hooked up for this run( time and money). What does it all mean . . . it means I wont be running lower doran I know, I know. theres always next time. I cant wait!!!!!
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Being the I don't want any type of problems type of guy
              I ordered new carriers, complete master install kits for the front and the rear, the electrac unit for 3.92 and up. new ring and pinions front and rear, new front carrier for the 4.56 gears.
              All the shims, bearings, fluid, you name it I got it- just doesn't fit is all.
              Kirk
              1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Originally posted by Cetrov
                Being the I don't want any type of problems type of guy
                I ordered new carriers, complete master install kits for the front and the rear, the electrac unit for 3.92 and up. new ring and pinions front and rear, new front carrier for the 4.56 gears.
                All the shims, bearings, fluid, you name it I got it- just doesn't fit is all.
                Looks like the wrong locker . Check those part numbers , BUMMER !

Comment

I've given them the serial numbers off the electrac, the ring and pinion, measurements, the old case measurements, old ring and pinion infor, the original tru trac info. pictures of everything on line. Just waiting for them to decide what is wrong.

Always something.

first agr steering gear was bad, had to send another one.

headers were sent missing parts and a used return from someone else.

track bar from rubicon was incorrectly made
                  they sent another one after forgetting to send it for a week and I had to call them again about it.

first locker was on backorder for 3 months, finaly had to change the order.

control arm bracket ordered held up while they made them up.

the list goes on
                  Kirk
                  1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Originally posted by Cetrov
                    I've given them the serial numbers off the electrac, the ring and pinion, measurements, the old case measurements, old ring and pinion infor, the original tru trac info. pictures of everything on line. Just waiting for them to decide what is wrong.

Always something.

first agr steering gear was bad, had to send another one.

headers were sent missing parts and a used return from someone else.

track bar from rubicon was incorrectly made
                    they sent another one after forgetting to send it for a week and I had to call them again about it.

first locker was on backorder for 3 months, finaly had to change the order.

control arm bracket ordered held up while they made them up.

the list goes on
                    WOW! you have really hgad a run of bad jeep ordreing experiences
                    i hope it all comes together for you
                    ERIK

Comment

Well, should I reinstall the old stuff and go, or wait for the new stuff and stay home???

I could bring my dirt bike and ride it that way!!!

could bring two dirt bikes and bring the wife!

what should I do????

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :
                      Kirk
                      1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

how does spidermonkey feel about your jeep on their lift? if it isnt too much trouble to put it back together.. go for it
                        ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                          how does spidermonkey feel about your jeep on their lift? if it isnt too much trouble to put it back together.. go for it
                          It's not at spidermonkey. It's at his shop in LA
                          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

ahhh ok.. i was wondering how they were able to keep it on the lift for so long...
                            by the way, i checked the pattern on the ring gear, and it is a thing of beauty it covers most of the tooth... it must be the way the locker works that is allowing the backlash to seem too much.
                            ERIK

Comment

Hey folks!! I'm brand new to your board - visiting from Rockcrawler.com. I noticed that there are members from several off-roading sites planning on doing some 'wheeling at Calico this weekend. My wife and I are planning on being there also, hoping to join a group to run some of the trails (not wanting to do these trails alone). Do you think everyone is going to band together in one large group? Just curious - we're going to be out there Friday AM with the RV and the un-Jeep (a Bronco II - the Jeep's not quite ready for the trails yet ) and didn't want to barge in on a private party.

See you there!!

Comment

i'm sure you are welcome to join in.. as long as you rig is capable welcome to the forum! i plan to be there on friday evening... i'm thinking around 8:00
                                i'll be traveling with 03 jeepster
                                ERIK

Comment

Working...
                                X