Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35th HIGH DESERT ROUNDUP MEM. MAY 26-29

Anyone going to the 35th annual high desert roundup on memorial day weekend??? Ill be there...any takers? I hear its a big bad ass event. 55 bucks for the event and lots to do.....MATT

http://www.cal4wheel.com/
    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

hey im curious to know how the trail ride went? post some pics if you can i also wanna know the conditions. almost went up there today but have too much stuff to do. hope you had fun.

also i wanna know more about this river wash you drive up? is it a trail or did you just make it a trail. i want some nice rocky trails!
      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by matt2001tj
        Anyone going to the 35th annual high desert roundup on memorial day weekend??? Ill be there...any takers? I hear its a big bad ass event. 55 bucks for the event and lots to do.....MATT

http://www.cal4wheel.com/
        Yeap! I will defiantly be there running the Pumpkin Eater this year. Post a link on the forum Matt, so that everybody is aware of the upcoming HDR.

Drew-
        Drew
        95yj Six Pack

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97
          hey im curious to know how the trail ride went? post some pics if you can i also wanna know the conditions. almost went up there today but have too much stuff to do. hope you had fun.

also i wanna know more about this river wash you drive up? is it a trail or did you just make it a trail. i want some nice rocky trails!
          the day went good.....nothing too exciting
          jumpjet (sean), freewaydan (danny) and i went into the practice area to disconnect and i aired down while we played on the practice courses. this huge red cherokee was there SOA on like 36's and asked to use my hi-lift to move his shackle position....as im high jacking his jeep from his rear bumper, we hear a snap....the bumper was barely tacked together. i didn't wanna lift it any higher as it probably would have messed up his tail gate. (i think he was a beginner....still had d35 and his friend built it for him).

so we went exploring and we went into this little creek area where there were some decent rocks and a nice section that gave sean and danny a little problem but they made it up after a few tries coming from different angles. then we just cruised a couple of trails until we found a couple other jeeps

we went over to them sitting at the bottom of a hill climb that had some shale at the top. they went for it.....the first guy made it....stock yj with some lift and 33's. next jeep looked pretty stock, made it almost to the top, then couldn't go any further. i could tell they didn't want to back down so i went around the easy way, and winched him the rest of the way up. after that sean showed everyone up in his xj just crawlin up with no problem. danny and i followed him up and we had a chat with the other group. They were new to the sport and we gave them some good pointers and info.

after that we cruise around in the river bed going up the steep sides and having fun doing some wheelies and of course coming down right on the middle of the underbody and high centering......or at least i did.

then we watched a rubicon go up the boulder course. he was just about 3/4 of the way through when the kid got stuck. danny jumped in there helping out throwing rocks under tires and helped him get off the course safely, hopefully with out doing too much damage to his drive shaft. we mentioned the forum to these guys as they were looking for a miller run, but found out it was closed, so i told them we try to make some good trips out there and told them to check out the forum.

that was the end of our day, got in some wheeling and had some fun.....
          danny was the only one with a camera and hopefully he got a couple shots.

miguelito.......... for this river wash i was telling you about, you take the 33 over the mtn.....take a right on lockwood valley road (first right after ranger station) cruise down about 10 miles and go into the dome springs campgrounds on the left hand side. take a trail into the river bed, cruise up the river bed a little bit and theres a trail / riverwash and the left hand side. you'd be better off going with someone who knows where it is to find it. i'll let you know next time i go. anyways, its nothing too special, a lot of off camber turns, only about 2 "difficult" spots. i only needed a spotter for one. just somewhere to go and cruise around. it changes a lot when water runs through it and puts in new ruts, so it changes time to time.
          Last edited by jermy01; 05-01-06, 03:15 PM.
          1978 CJ7, 304 V8, T-150, locked AMC 20 with Superior Axles, Warn M8000, RE 2.5" lift, 31"BFG mudterrains, Naked and dirty 7 months of the year! Cant wait to get more!

Comment

eh sounds like fun. any pics. what hill climb are you talking about? the one on the 4x4 course? is it muddy or something? why couldnt people make it up? is it next to the cement one? pics pics!
            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Well here are some of the pics from the trip, we all had a good time, traffic sucked on the way home almost 2 1/2 hrs to get home, no damage to the jeep.

Last edited by freewaydan; 05-02-06, 12:24 PM.
              The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

you have to attach them to a post we cant see them. link wont work

alright now i can see them
                Last edited by miguelitojeep97; 05-02-06, 12:17 PM.

Comment

sorry about that.
                  The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Pics working now. Jermy, maybe beefing up the roll cage is next. Looks like you all had fun.

B&T TJ

Comment

definately on the to do list......i just build a bumper and a tow bar, the cage is next (when i can afford 3 sticks of DOM tubing for an arm and a leg).....my friends dad has a tubing bender and a nice welder at his shop i will be able to use for it and they have lots of experience building cages......he owns a company called SAFE.....basically people come to them with law suits against big automobile companys because the car was not built safely, then SAFE reinforces the car w/ a cage or somthing else to show how it could have been a lot safer......they drop the cars upside down to exert the same amoutn of force that had happened in the accident (really cool to watch....hhaha) so i figure i'll have them help me design it to make sure it will hold up in a real life situation
                      1978 CJ7, 304 V8, T-150, locked AMC 20 with Superior Axles, Warn M8000, RE 2.5" lift, 31"BFG mudterrains, Naked and dirty 7 months of the year! Cant wait to get more!

Comment

woa woa woa... have you now been reading all the threads? I have been looking for a welder/shop to add on to my cage! hook a neighbor up!! seriously. all i would need some one to do is weld in a cage that ill buy, or if they could make one like I want that would be sweet too. seriously let me know some more info! just PM me cuz were getting off topic lol

Comment

I was wondering if you guys saw a gold rubicon and a green grand cherokee on sunday, if so that was me and my dad. I live in Palmdale and if you guys are going on any trail can you guys give us a notice and if its cool we will go to..

Thanks
                          Kevin

Comment

Lockwood/Miller

As of last sunday the trail is still closed due to all the rain, but we talk to the ranger station they said it should be open within the week or so.

Comment

Working...
                            X