Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorman/Rowher area day trip

hey guys, i havn't been offroadin in a while and have sunday off, wondering if anyone wanted to hit up somthing in the somewhat near vicinity of ventura (gorman / rowher) i dont know many trails around there since miller is closed.....anything good open that someone wants to show me?

thanks
    1978 CJ7, 304 V8, T-150, locked AMC 20 with Superior Axles, Warn M8000, RE 2.5" lift, 31"BFG mudterrains, Naked and dirty 7 months of the year! Cant wait to get more!

is the gorman park open? off the 5/138 freeway? I'd be up for a sunday run, the earlier the better for me
    The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

I'm sure the park is open. But the surrounding trails. MILLER and Lockwood valley are closed for a bit. The park is great for bikes or to drive thru at the end of your day but as a destination, I would hate to hit some poor 2 wheeler on a narrow trail.

Comment

yea its got some fun spots just to drive around in, a nice sand wash thats leads you to allot on places, its great just to go explore, onday i ended up on just a huge rock in the middle of no where, felt like moab i might be down to go riding

Justin
        ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
        |¯¯¯L--D|||||D 33"
        ()_)¯()_) ¯¯ )_) Armor
        Locked and Ready

Comment

haha justin, if we do it we'll have to talk some CB trash!!! hahaha.....i'd be down for some exploring, i know this one trail i did go out on my bike, dead end and only like 100 yards long, but looked like if you took the right line, it could be pretty difficult
          1978 CJ7, 304 V8, T-150, locked AMC 20 with Superior Axles, Warn M8000, RE 2.5" lift, 31"BFG mudterrains, Naked and dirty 7 months of the year! Cant wait to get more!

Comment

I'll be interested in a run. I never been to Gorman, but I have done Rowher Flats and it's pretty fun with what I would call a difficult trail.

I'll have to let you know about Sunday but Saturday I know I will be available if anyone would like to go then.
            My WJ -

Comment

well i cant go on saturday cuz of work. im down for the cruise through gorman on sunday......if we get three or more people ill make it up there....not garaunteeing any hard core trails tho, because they are pretty hard to find in the actual park, but im sure we can make some out of the river wash

Comment

I'll be able to make it on Sunday if you are still going. I never been so I don't know how to get there. Pick a time and meeting place somewhere. I'll be coming from Santa Clarita.
                My WJ -

Comment

If you guys go up to Gorman on Sunday I'm in.

Comment

alright.....we'll meet at smokey bear exit where the hot dog guy usually is......9 am sound alright?

coming from the south you'll take I-5 North, you'll get off at smokey bear exit, just after lake pyramid on the 5.......take a left once you get off the freeway....straight ahead you will t-bone, thats where we will meet.
                    Last edited by jermy01; 04-27-06, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Even though I'm not an early bird, that'll do. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing it'll take probably a half hour to get to that location from Santa Clarita.
                      My WJ -

Comment

Gee Guys
                        If I leave right now I should be there by Monday afternoon ! Missing the good offroading again as usual>>> I need to be back in Chino not Alabama>>>

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpjet
                          Even though I'm not an early bird, that'll do. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing it'll take probably a half hour to get to that location from Santa Clarita.
                          just about

i made it 9 because someone said the earlier the better.....9 aint too bad....i gotta drive from ventura

Comment

boo i wish i could go but gotta work. sounds like fun i love to go exploring that way you dont expect much and then suprise yourself...or something like that. quick question has anyone gone thru ojai to get to gorman/ frazier park? curious to see if its longer or not? i just know its a windy road

well have fun
                            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

im pretty sure it'd take longer, takes us around an hour to get to dome springs campground where we jeep up the river wash.......but thats still quite aways from gorman

Comment

Working...
                              X