Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleghorn

well dad decided it was time to take the jeep out for the rain run up Celghorn
    yeppers he has been tesaching this couple who bought jeeps to wheel and they wanted to do a little water trails, so up the hill we went. Got there and a friend with his 64 land cruiser was waiting, nice rig, 351, 9 inch in the rear, d 60 in front, no top just a tarp bungied on, a real dogs machine. anyway we proceeded off up the hill from the 15, there has been a bit of water damage to the trail taking the main trail off the easy list to moderate in the mud, yeppers slipping around was the order of the day, also the side trails were a lot of fun as braking was not a option, had a few great slides and a bit of a hairy situation as Dad tried to slide to close to the edge once, if the top would not have been on I would have let him finish that one by himself, I may be mans best friend, but I know when the edge just went under the jeep. All came out well till we were climbing off the trail. Dad heard a thump and stopped to check his rear suspension, well he grabeed and shook and all seemed well, when we hit pavement the brake peddle went to the floor. we pulled over on e brake and started checking around, seems the rear track bar braket had broken clean through and took out the brake lines. Funny thing his friend had radioed 5 minutes earlier qbout wanting a crash course in trail repairs. next thing you know, jeep is up on jacks tools are spread out, finally get the lines pinched off and it is time to make a jury rig for the track bar, get it set but about 3 inches to far to the drivers side. then its limp on home to riverside. You know a boxer is not suppose to be humiliated by riding shotgun in a jeep doing 35 wuth tge e flashers on, so I jumped in back and decided to snooze till we got home. Good trails, good food, good company and His friend got his class.
    Have Smackos, will travel

Thanks you Barker for summing up our day. We had so much fun breaking in the baby jeep, slipping and sliding and scraping the paint, I almost hate to wash it. My son in law the adventurer at heart always has to see whats on top, so he was happy to join in, I am glad you and your owner got home safely we were worried. Untill next time
    Vera
    Vera
    It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not

Comment

Working...
    X