Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear 3/26/2006 Trip Report

Supe (TJSupe), Dan (Fuel Rod), Mark (MParker) and I ran Pontiac Sluice on Sunday, March 26, 2006. Pontiac Sluice is named for the remains of a Pontiac car located in a dry wash on Heartbreak Ridge southeast of Big Bear Lake. We left pavement at Baldwin Lake and followed 2N02 about seven miles to Round Valley. There was no snow on the road or the surrounding terrain (elevation about 6500 feet). Supe led in his white TJ:

We left 2N02 at Round Valley and took 2N61Y to Heartbreak Ridge Loop Trail (2N89Y). This is Mark’s Yellow TJ and Dan’s Red TJ on 2N89Y:

This is the Pontiac. Dan says that it was a Pontiac Catalina.

We continued up the trail and began to encounter patchy snow in shady areas:

If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

We stopped for lunch at the top of the ridge. There were a few small patches of snow in shaded areas. (about 7800 feet elevation):

The view toward the north from the ridge:

Dan got his front axle stuck on a rock:

He used his Hi-Lift jack so he could place a rock beneath his right front tire.

We returned to Round Valley then took 2N01 through Broom Flat to Hwy 38. This is a picture of 2N01 just before the intersection with Hwy 38 (about 8000 feet elevation):

We aired up when we reached Hwy 38.

I had a great time; the weather was mild, the scenery was nice, there were enough obstacles and snow to make the run interesting, and no one suffered any damage. Now for the cleanup:

If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

Comment

Nice Write up, Russ. It was great seeing you guys!

I have about 3 pictures total. I will upload later..
      Supe
      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
      Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Great write up Russ!

Supe and Russ, great seeing you again. Dan, great meeting you. Had a blast.

Supe, I'll see you in JV next month.

Comment

Excellent write up, as always! Looks like a good time. Thanks for sharing.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Great pics and write-up as usual Russ! :thumbs_up Looks like a nice little outing! Wish I could have joined you guys.
            Who's that in the red plaid uhh...nevermind...
            -Bob
            '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Are you looking at my skimmies!
              Supe
              97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
                Are you looking at my skimmies!
                nice underoos, but... just a tidbit of info: leaving the hilift in that position is a no-no.
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Is there an alien in the upper right hand corner of this picture? Looks like a mans body (w/ short legs), hands in his pocket, facing the opposite directions as Supe, and it has some sort of alien head!

-Bob
                  '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by steelman
                    Is there an alien in the upper right hand corner of this picture? Looks like a mans body (w/ short legs), hands in his pocket, facing the opposite directions as Supe, and it has some sort of alien head!

:omg: :censor: :dunno:
                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                      nice underoos, but... just a tidbit of info: leaving the hilift in that position is a no-no.
                      You saying to keep the handle pointed up?

Ya, that alien is a little scary. I am glad I didnt notice him on the trail... Maybe that why my jeep was acting up in the morning.
                      Supe

Comment

Steelman, that is too funny! Alien encounters always pop-up in pictures or video when you least expect it and then you go home to find out what the hell is that next to me. LOL!
                        Drew
                        95yj Six Pack

Comment

im jealous i didnt make this one...looked like a lot of fun....i'll see you all in 2 weeks in calico.
                          03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Great pics and write up like always Russ. Wish I could of made this one.

Comment

That is my 'froadin' buddy! He has my genes so I guess he is at least slightly alien. Though he is too young to be dangerous... but give it a few years...

Comment

Working...
                              X