Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badlands trip 3-25-06

Well, I got to try out my "cheap" 35's Saturday. Tire report, very impressed with how they performed. They really surprised me and some others on how they stuck to the rocks and got through the nasty slop we had to got through...gotta love Indiana. Weather, well, we had sunshine, snow, sleet, rain, and more sunshine and repeat throughout the day I think there were around 20 - 25 of us in all, but we somehow all ended up in our small seperate groups.

Ok, still can't figure out how to do the link thingie where its a word instead of the entire link.....so, here's some pics of the turnout.

part of the group

playin in the rocks

and the notorious "poser" pic

and another rti pic

The first group that went off didn't have a very fun filled day. Within the forst 30 minutes, they had a snapped D35 axel shaft...No parts to be found anywhere. But, a lot of good people stopped to help get him going again. Unfortunately, he had to leave his Jeep out there over night. Another in the group broke both front axel u-joints.

My front bumper took a beating, but the rockers never hit anything Still trying to get step 7 of the install completed
    04 Rubicon
    4.5" RE Super Flex
    1" BL
    CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
    Currie Anti-rock swaybar
    35" el cheapos
    Front Bumper & Rockers

Sweet pics - there ARE some rocks in Indiana! hehe Too bad to hear about the breakage ... but your Jeep is lookin' pretty rockin'
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Here's a pic from what turned out to be a carnage fest...

Others tried the obstacle as the black tj without rear wheels on it and ended up with the same results. I believe by the end of the day there were 2 more tjs with broken D35 rear shafts and one rear drive shaft.
      04 Rubicon
      4.5" RE Super Flex
      1" BL
      CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
      Currie Anti-rock swaybar
      35" el cheapos
      Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Working...
      X