Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a feeler

Anybody interested in a Baja trip??? Check out this site. it could be fun.
    http://www.guadalupe-canyon.com/?
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

I've wanted to go there for quite a while, especially since I got the Jeep. Just don't have the time right now.
    I have a Jeep

Comment

Of course, everything entailed with mexico as well will be a part of the trip, right? Like dollar domestics?
      Bryan
      2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
      front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
      Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

Of cousre, but you better not even try that skunk piss corona.

Comment

When are you plan on going? Sounds like a very interesting trip.

Comment

This is a feeler to see if it would be worth putting together. If there is enough interest, I can set it up and get more info and maybe some discounts for camping if we can guarantee a certain # of vehicles.

Comment

Yes, Baja is good...

My best riding buddy has been wanting to go there for years. And we always talked about riding to Mike's Sky Ranch. But alas, we never made it to either.
              I understand it's beautiful, remote, and wild. I'll bet I could get the queen (reads: wife) to go since there's a resort at the end. I'll watch for updates from you.

As a side note....We did make a trip to Hacienda Santa Veronica in 2002:
              http://www.presidentstravelclub.com/...aVeronica.html
              where the Los Ancianos Motorcycle Club puts on the annual Tecate Hare Scrambles:
              http://www.losancianos.com/Los%20Anc...0Greeting.html
              We entered at Tecate which is a fun drive thru the mountains east of San Diego, and then more fun driving farther east and south to Santa Veronica. 12 miles of dirt road in the RV was kind of a drag, but the resort is pretty cool. The race was a blast, 4X12 mile loops through the countryside. I entered the 'vet' class.

I have also been pining for a trip to watch at least the start of one of the Baja 500/1000 races, and spend some time sipping brews and eating tacos in Ensendada. I have a couple of friends that race or are part of a race team, one in Class 1 and one in Class 10 buggies. And San Filepe has been on our destination list for years as well. At our last run Chris Fields and I were talking about catching a Baja race and making an extended weekend trip to Ensenada out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                Of cousre, but you better not even try that skunk piss corona.
                Most Mexicans drink Budweiser..............
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY
                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Be sure to do this camping trip while its cool. That dry lake bed that needs to be traveled gets mighty hot in the summer....and canyon even hotter
                  97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                  WEB site

Comment

Hey count me in for sure!! I've been reading up about this a lot lately and talked to Ken Cook who does trips down there with his club.

Let me know what the plan is if it goes down

Comment

I would be very interested!
                      Locked up fourbanger (Poor Mans Rubicon)

Comment

count me in if this trip is a go, just would need a couple weeks notice.:cocktail:
                        Not In The Office Look For Me on The Trail's!
                        It's a "Jeep Thing" you just wouldn't understand ....

Comment

Count me in...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                            Most Mexicans drink Budweiser..............
                            not in BAja, they drink Tecate
                            I prefer Pacifico
                            censored for having an opinion

Comment

right now, with the current rains, Laguna Salada is going be a mudbath
                              on the western mountains is a good camping site, developed so you are not camping on the lake
                              in a few months that lake will be perfect, and have miles of area to run,
                              going down the west shore and turn left at Ensanada and you can go to the park of the constitution, in the Juarez mountains, there are a few trails down into the Lakebed from there but without a experianced guide it is a rough trip and even guys who have done it before get lost alot. Bring several master lock keys, there wwill be locked gates but most can be jimmied easily, they lock them to keep stock in, not much else.
                              bring co2 or onboard air if ya try to go over the mountains, someone is going to pop a tire or 2
                              Further down is another large national park and you can run to the east coast from there, however it is past the free zone so you will need a passport
                              carry a carton of marlboros, if the federalies stop you, shake out a smoke, hand him the pack and do not expect it back, let him poke around your stuff.
                              DO NOT BRING A GUN, they will find it and you will not be found for a few months and then it takes a few grand to get you out of jail, needless to say your rig will disapear.
                              Running down the east coast from San Felipe is a fun chore, the further you get it harder it gets, can you say goat trails, but worth it, bring 2 jerry cans, buy gas whenever it is offered, filter the gas. pass out free t shirts to the kids in the villages, you will get much food and friendship in return.
                              In the back country the people are some of the greatest people you will ever meet, good morals, swell families, you can develope life long friendships if you treat them well, if you act like the normal asshole American, you will be lucky to get anything out of them, including directions which you will be dependent on, the roads change from day to day so you need thier advice.
                              censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
                              X