Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last chance canyon with Riverside 4 wheelers

Ran in to the Riverside 4 Wheelers at a local restaurant and got invited to go on their run. We went to last Chance Canyon. The trail was pretty torn up due to storms in the last few weeks. Last time I went through I made it without hitting the skids but this time nailed them hard a couple times. Had a great day and they were a great group to run with. Two Jeeps busted their U-Joints on the drivers side one right after the other. As soon as they were finishing the first repair the second Jeep popped his. They were like a pit crew getting the Jeeps back on the trail. It started snowing on us during the repairs. Due to the time only two Jeeps went through the V-Notch. After we left last chance we went to the Burro Schmidt tunnel and walked through it. I don't have a lot of action shots due to my photographer (girlfriend) having to work. I hope the club got some good shots to send me.

Dennis
    04 TJ
    4.0/Auto
    RE 4.5 Long Arm
    Rock-It Man Rockers
    33x12.50 BFG A/T
    desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Looks like a HOOT! Where is this place located?
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Nice turnout, looks like a great day. Nick, it's near Mojave I believe.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
        Nice turnout, looks like a great day. Nick, it's near Mojave I believe.
        I'm going to Google it!
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

It is close to Red Rock State Park, north of Mojave. I was there with the dune buggy group. We had snow flurries in camp Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Last Chance Canyon,... There is a run there this weekend with inland empire four wheelers and victor valley four wheelers is co-sponsering it as well. I myself and a couple other apple valley jeepers WILL be there.
            Here is the link for those interested.
            http://www.ie4w.com/Trips_Runs/Last%20Chance.pdf
            "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Awesome pictures! :thumbs_up :thumbs_up
              -Bob
              '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Hey Aev were you camped at the overflow campground? I saw a brown or golden colored Jeep there but i didn't go over there. I cant go on the last chance run this weekend but i may go to the camp just to meet some of you. Me and the Gf are taking off to Vegas.
                Dennis
                04 TJ
                4.0/Auto
                RE 4.5 Long Arm
                Rock-It Man Rockers
                33x12.50 BFG A/T

Comment

Last Chance Canyon and V Notch

I was hoping someone could help me out. I've run Last Chance Canyon from Randsberg road up to Bickel Camp and then down to Burro's tunnel. From there we exited on Mesquite Canyon trail. We never saw the "V Notch". I can't read the GPS tracks from the web page on my Lowerance so I was hoping someone could help me out locating the V Notch. Is it before or after Cudday camp? It's possible we took a wrong turn somewhere or possibly you need to take a different approach to the canyon. Any Hints???

Thanks Mike

89YJ
                  Last edited by MIKE89YJ; 03-20-06, 02:12 PM.

Comment

I think the V notch is on the side of the steep part of the drop in when you get into the canyon. I almost rolled there last year on the easier part.

Comment

Dreamer ,sorry I didn't get back to you, Yes that was my Khaki Unlimited there with the dune buggies.

Comment

Mike, The V notch is located after a small rock ledge in the wash. You go up the wash to hit the notch. There is a bypass trail that goes along the wash on the right if coming from Randsburg road. You go ever a small section of bedrock to get onto the bypass. As soon as it levels off there is a large circle of rocks built up on the side of the trail. As soon as you round the corner after the area with the rock ring you can see the v notch. When the bypass trail goes from dirt to bedrock you are on the side of the notch. Hope I didnt confuse you to much. The notch is right around the corner in front of the Jeeps in the wash.
                        Last edited by Deamer; 03-24-06, 12:07 AM. Reason: added pic
                        Dennis
                        04 TJ
                        4.0/Auto
                        RE 4.5 Long Arm
                        Rock-It Man Rockers
                        33x12.50 BFG A/T

Comment

Thanks Dennis,

I think I know where you are refering to. I do recall the rock ledge and we did take the trail to the right. It was our first time through there and didn't realize that there was an option. Will definetly make the notch the next time through.

Thanks again,

Mike

Comment

Working...
                          X