Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anza-Borrego 3/18-3/19

Hey All,

looking to do some wheeling/camping in Anza-Borrego SP next weekend. I'd like to try pinyon canyon on Saturday and maybe play around on Sunday if anyone sticks around. Looking for a smaller group (5-6 jeeps).

Group should meet at 9AM at the visitor's center in Borrego Springs on Saturday. CB channel 4 (hopefully I will have a CB by next week...or else I will borrow one). Anyone planning to come friday night can post on the list and maybe we can find a place to camp out in the park Friday.

I've never been to this park before, so I probably need someone to step up and take responsibility of trail boss, as I can't really do this. Also my rig isn't built so I'll only want to do pinyon if we have one or two serious rigs in the group (lockers, winch, lift, you know the drill). I'm just looking to do some wheeling and have a great weekend.

Post the list if you're interested...:thumbs_up

PS sarah...hope this post is OK and fits the "trail run guidelines"...
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

I would love to join you, Mike, but I have a previous run already planned. Lets keep int touch. It was fun wheeling with you in Big Bear...
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Hey mike, you mentioned pinyon canyon. Where you interested in doing the squeze and the drop-off (I think its called either heart attack hill or diablo drop off)?? I just can't remember if thats pinyon canyon

I may be meeting you, let me see what I can work out

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
        I would love to join you, Mike, but I have a previous run already planned. Lets keep int touch. It was fun wheeling with you in Big Bear...
        same here 'supe, i'd also like to see your new upgraded rig. I'll see you in calico for the anniversary run in a few weeks. also let me know if you've stolen your brother's climbing equip yet...I'm going to start getting into some climbing come springtime so let me know if you're still in for that.

Comment

Originally posted by skeletor
          Hey mike, you mentioned pinyon canyon. Where you interested in doing the squeze and the drop-off (I think its called either heart attack hill or diablo drop off)?? I just can't remember if thats pinyon canyon

I may be meeting you, let me see what I can work out
          the squeeze and pinyon are on the same trail but diablo dropoff is somewhere else in the park (i'm 95% sure). I think I need to move the run to Sunday instead of Saturday, but I may drive out and camp saturday night still. let me know, the buddy I was originally going with isn't going to be able to make it so right now it'll be you, me, and possibly a third jeep that I'm also waiting to hear from.

What equipment do you have? I'm open and stock but I've got xterrain tires which really help me conquer the trails. I'll try almost anything as long as there are a few others around to pull me out if required...

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
            Hey Mike, if you're still going to Anza I'll head out there Saturday. I've never been otu therre so it will be great to find new trails. Let me know.
            Oh yeah, I'm one of the new guys...
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

If your near the town of Borrego stop by the park station and get a map or any park ranger will have them. There worth the dollar or so they sell them for. The park rangers are always a good guide of where to go and
              where not to go.

Heart Attach hill be carefull

Theres lots to do and places to see. The maps have them all spotted out.

Places of interest could be

Sandstone Canyon
              Diablo drop off (always fun for beginers go up it not down)
              Diablo Canyon
              Mud Caves
              Wind Caves
              Oraflam Springs ( good camping area) Perhaps you will see one of the "Gold Flames" of the ancient indian ghosts !!
              97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
              WEB site

Comment

trip cancelled...for now

Originally posted by rat patrol
                Hey Mike, if you're still going to Anza I'll head out there Saturday. I've never been otu therre so it will be great to find new trails. Let me know.
                Oh yeah, I'm one of the new guys...
                no one on my end is free to go with me, plus i think it'd be worth it to make an entire weekend trip out of it (all day saturday and sunday). I'm gonna have to postpone this trip, sorry.

I'm sure I'll see you out on the trails soon, I hope to be wheeling a bunch in the next few months.

Comment

Working...
                X