Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to try it on Saturday because the NWS has issued a winter storm warning for the Big Bear area:
    PERIODS OF HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT. STRONG WEST TO SOUTHWEST WINDS OF 25 TO 35 MPH WITH LOCAL GUSTS TO 50 MPH WILL CREATE NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS AT TIMES. STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL OF FROM 15 TO 3O INCHES WILL BE POSSIBLE BY SUNDAY MORNING.
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung
      I don't want to try it on Saturday because the NWS has issued a winter storm warning for the Big Bear area:
      PERIODS OF HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT. STRONG WEST TO SOUTHWEST WINDS OF 25 TO 35 MPH WITH LOCAL GUSTS TO 50 MPH WILL CREATE NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS AT TIMES. STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL OF FROM 15 TO 3O INCHES WILL BE POSSIBLE BY SUNDAY MORNING.
      Wow, that would make for an interesting wheelin' trip! :confused2

By the way, the Jeep looks good Russ! :thumbs_up
      -Bob
      '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

i have signed the roll call for this run on sunday, russ... but it is pending total snowfall, and wether or not a couple more people sign up. i think 4 capable rigs/wheelers would be nice for this run. juuust in case someone gets into trouble.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Im In!!!

Ive been given the green light so ill see you there. chuck give me a call or pm me so we can drive up. if anyone else wants to tag along let me know we will be leaving from 10 & 57 frwy area. Snow Snow Snow!:smile:
          Not In The Office Look For Me on The Trail's!
          It's a "Jeep Thing" you just wouldn't understand ....

Comment

Originally posted by skeletor
            DAMN!! Ive been wanting to go. I'll be there but I will be snowboarding at Bear Mtn.

Would love to meet up with you next time Russ! BTW the jeep looks good
            Stop in at the Ski Patrol, picked up overtime and will be working there

Comment

So I slapped everything in there last night (up til midnight), just test drove it and it feels good, gotta bleed the clutch some more, feels spongy. Gonna' drive it to work tomorrow (30 miles) to feel better about distance. Is all that snow gonna' require chains on the road?
              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                So I slapped everything in there last night (up til midnight), just test drove it and it feels good, gotta bleed the clutch some more, feels spongy. Gonna' drive it to work tomorrow (30 miles) to feel better about distance. Is all that snow gonna' require chains on the road?
                what size are your tires?
                i dont think they will be required on your jeep as it is 4x4, but i think you are required to carry them.
                i have chains for 33" and 35". i'll be carrieing the 35"ers.

so i guess the transmission swap went well?
                did matt's end up working out?
                ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                  so i guess the transmission swap went well?
                  did matt's end up working out?
                  So far so good, just took a little spin on the 710, feels good. I got 33's. Hmm, might have to check out pepper boys tomorrow for some chains.

Comment

you can get some much better quality chainss at the compton 4 wheel parts.
                    ERIK

Comment

you can get some much better quality chainss at the compton 4 wheel parts.
                      Actually they got a big sale this weekend, I think only tomorrow.
                      P.S.
                      Road update.
                      Last edited by paulhead; 03-10-06, 10:40 PM.

Comment

the 38 will likely be the best way up the hill.
                        10E exit orange L lugonia R lugonia turns into mentone, which turns into the 38. this will drop you on the east side of the lake by sugarloaf.
                        ERIK

Comment

lets run john bull or do a quick fun run through gold mountain. And wheres the discovery center????? lets let russ show us how its done...just kidding
                          "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

i was thinkin we have russ lead us up gold mountain, and down john bull. then if all goes well, we can do a quick perusal of our trails on the way out.
                            ERIK

Comment

i was thinkin we have russ lead us up gold mountain, and down john bull. then if all goes well, we can do a quick perusal of our trails on the way out.
                              The Discovery Center is on the north shore of the lake about 5 or 6 miles east of the dam. Here's the plan, subject to confirming the status of the trails once we get to the Discovery Center. The Gold Mountain trailhead (3N69) is about 8 miles east of the Discovery Center; we can air down/chain up at the trailhead. And the John Bull trailhead (3N02/3N10) is about a mile from the end of the Gold Mountain trail. If all goes well after John Bull we can continue west on Holcomb Valley Road (3N16) and take Delamar Mountain road (3N12) to check out our Adopt-a-trail (2N84) and then return to the lake via 3N14. If all doesn't go well on Gold Mountain, we can head east on 3N16 to return to Hwy 18. If all doesn't go well on John Bull, we can take Poligue Canyon Road (2N09) to return to the lake near the Discovery Center.
                              Last edited by Russ Chung; 03-11-06, 11:45 AM. Reason: fixed a typo
                              If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                              KI6MLU

Comment

Hmmm,... im starting to get second thoughts on this one. otherwise ill meet you guys at the trail head for gold mountain on the baldwin lake side. I hope everyone has at least one locker,...otherwise, can you say
                                "WINCH FEST"
                                "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Working...
                                X