This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear: Sun Mar 12

I know that this is the weekend of the Pro Rock Championships, but I'd like to try my new lift and new tires in some snow, so I hope I can get some people to join me at Big Bear on Sunday. The weather forecast calls for snow showers on Fri and Sat, so the Big Bear area should have some fairly fresh snow on Sunday. Meet inside the Big Bear Discovery Center at 9:00 am (where it'll be warm). We can decide on the trail(s) to run, pick up an Adventure Pass if needed, and leave at 9:30. Note that Hwy 330 is closed by a rock slide between Highland and Running Springs, so choose an alternate route if you are coming from Los Angeles. Also try to bring the stuff that's in the sticky on trail run requirements:
    http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4238

[roll]272[/roll]
    Last edited by sarah; 03-09-06, 02:23 PM.
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

I really wish I could join you this weekend but I have too much to do to the Jeep for a run next weekend I am going on. Have a great time and be safe! They shold get a lot of snow as we are supposed to get a lot of rain. Make sure someone has a winch that is with you guys. Personal experience.... anything can happen.
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

i have been wanting to do a snow run... i'll see if i can work this out.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Wish I could make it. I'll be doing a different type of wheelin' this Sunday...My son will be participating in the local pinewood derby!
        :cone: :wrench: :bart:
        -Bob
        '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung
          I know that this is the weekend of the Pro Rock Championships, but I'd like to try my new lift and new tires in some snow, so I hope I can get some people to join me at Big Bear on Sunday. The weather forecast calls for snow showers on Fri and Sat, so the Big Bear area should have some fairly fresh snow on Sunday. Meet inside the Big Bear Discovery Center at 9:00 am (where it'll be warm). We can decide on the trail(s) to run, pick up an Adventure Pass if needed, and leave at 9:30. Note that Hwy 330 is closed by a rock slide between Highland and Running Springs, so choose an alternate route if you are coming from Los Angeles. Also try to bring the stuff that's in the sticky on trail run requirements:
          http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4238

So you cant just state that you got a new lift and not show pics......C'mon now.....
          Supe
          97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

ahhh why cant you do it Saturday......tok the day off to go to the pro rock thing.....but nobody else is going.

Comment

If I get my tranny and all put together and running good on sat I'm there.
              P.S.
              Whats an alternate L.A. route?
              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                According to the Caltrans website, Hwy 330 should be open after 3:00 pm on Friday
                http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist8/press_releases.htm

But in case it's not open, take I-10 to I-215 (northbound) to Hwy 30 (eastbound, toward Redlands). Exit at Waterman (about 2 miles), head north on Hwy 18. Hwy 18 becomes Rim of the World Drive. Continue on Hwy 18 to Big Bear Lake. At the lake, continue on North Shore Drive instead of crossing the dam. The Discovery Center is about 5 miles past the dam on the north side of the lake.
                KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
                  So you cant just state that you got a new lift and not show pics......C'mon now.....
                  2.5" OME lift and 31x10.5x15 BFG AT/KO tires. I don't want to go too radical because it's my DD and I have 3.07 axles

KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                    If I get my tranny and all put together and running good on sat I'm there.
                    P.S.
                    anybody else in for Saturday ?

Comment

I'm in as long as I get my Driveshaft back today. I will repost tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung
                        2.5" OME lift and 31x10.5x15 BFG AT/KO tires. I don't want to go too radical because it's my DD and I have 3.07 axles

Nice Congrats......

Wish I cold hook up with you guys this weekend but cant....
                        Supe

Comment

DAMN!! Ive been wanting to go. I'll be there but I will be snowboarding at Bear Mtn.

Would love to meet up with you next time Russ! BTW the jeep looks good

Comment

Maybe?

a neighbor is having a brunch at his house on Sunday hopefully he will cancel because of rain or i can talk my wife into letting me miss it. will repost later.:dunno:
                            Not In The Office Look For Me on The Trail's!
                            It's a "Jeep Thing" you just wouldn't understand ....

Comment

so see if you can for saturday

Comment

Working...
                              X