Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB John Bull snow run Sun 2-26-06

Anyone up for a quick sunday run snow run. I would like to keep it to small group. I am not going to post up an attendence list quite yet. Anyone up for it? Fawnskin Triangle 9am..

Tow hooks are a must. I dont mind fairly stock vehicles going, but again, would like to keep it a small group so we have time to finish the run. John Bull is rated difficult and with snow it may be a little more difficult.
    Last edited by TJSUPE; 02-22-06, 10:08 AM.
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

hmmmm...sounds interesting. My wife was just saying that we should go play in the snow this weekend! Think that we could let "the kids" play in the snow at lunch time?
    -Bob
    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Lot of potential for a snow ball fight.
      Supe
      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

You've seen my rig...OK for the snow?
        -Bob

Comment

Tow hooks and good tires and decent lift, you should be fine. Ask Fuel Rod..... good tires are important for the snow
          Supe

Comment

Yeah, we were talking about going up there Sunday as well. Ron Griffo lives up there, I think you met him at the clean-up event, he's been wanting us to come up for a snow run, bring the kids. We could do two groups if necessary or desired, meet for lunch or something.
            Keep us posted....

Comment

Oh yes, thats right, he cave me his card. I will search for it and give him a call. Let me know if you can make it, then I can call it officiall. I will try to keep this run small. i would like to keep it at the 5 jeep range so we can make it through the entire run. I dont think 2 groups will be necessary if we keep it small.
              Supe

Comment

Snow Tires

You guys have fun, I'm going to drive to Lost Wages for IEEE meeting and visit check out some spots in Death Valley for next trip there.

Comment

FuelRod, I thought you may Chime in on here! I think I mentioned it to you already, but do you want to go pre run some trails up there for our bb run with me in the near future?

Have fun this weekend! So I hope they pay you some OT to go to the meeting. That would be nice, huh!
                  Supe

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
                    Tow hooks and good tires and decent lift, you should be fine. Ask Fuel Rod..... good tires are important for the snow
                    OK...count me in! :thumbs_up
                    -Bob

Comment

How deep is the snow pack? This little jaunt interests me as I have the snow tracks for the Polaris Ranger sitting in storage.

Unfortunately, the Tatou tracks have plastic sprockets and will not last long in mud or dirt. If it is pretty thick snow pack without dirt patches, I might consider it. If there will be dirt, I will have to pass (unless I can talk the Missus into taking the XJ and the little rugrat...on his first wheeling trip).
                      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                      2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

i dont think there will be enough snow for that. When we did Holcomb a few weeks back there plenty of snow but there were patches of dirt here and there. John bull is an opposite facing slope so I dont think there will be as much snow; though, i havent been up there lately.

FYRMANJJ.(or anyone else that lives up there?) .how do you tink the snow pack is up there?
                        Supe

Comment

Not sure how much it has snowed since I was there a couple of weeks back...But some of the slopes were really icy!
                          Built Not Bought
                          1986 B2

Comment

I might like to do on that trip, it would be my first outing with you guys and girls. Any requirements on what to have with you (jeep wise) and how do you get to fawnskin triangle?
                            The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

hey freewaydan. Ya... come along with us. Tow hooks and CB are important. Good tires/lift. Warm clothing, extra socks or good shoes.
                              how is your rig set up now?

There is an open area to park at this intersection, you cant miss it.
                              Map of Fawnskin
                              Last edited by TJSUPE; 02-23-06, 10:40 AM.
                              Supe

Comment

Working...
                              X