Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report John Bull 1/27

Well we started out this morning at around 8 from Barstow. Had my 86 B2, a 200_ Jeep Wrangler (Sorry not sure if its a TJ XJ...Im still new here) and a Full Size 84 Dodge W100 Long Bed! Made it up to the Gold Mountain trail in no time and aired down and locked hubs. The Gold Mountain trail was rated Most Difficult by the signs but I could not understand why. It was a nice easy trail and of course a good warm up for the John Bull. Once we got on the John Bull...Whole other story! The trail itself was tough but enjoyable and probably the hardest thing the group has done to date. What made it a real nightmare was the ice. There was quite a bit of ice back there and made some of the steep hills really interesting. My B2 and the Jeep made it fine but on two occasions I had to get out the winch to tug the Dodge with opens up the hills covered in snow and ice. I made it out without any problems (good thing for skid plates!) and Johnny's Jeep got out with a slightly bent front bumper and a missing side step. We all thought the missing step was a good excuse to get some rocker armor!! The Dodge on the other hand suffered quite a bit of damage due to its size. Rear bumper, Front Fender, Driver Rocker and Passenger side bed damage. Overall a GREAT trip and pretty hairy and exciting. Gotta run it again in the Spring with no ice!! Enjoy the pics...only got a few...too busy driving!!

Built Not Bought
    1986 B2

Sounds like all had a good time. But couldn't see the pics then again I have dial up I guess that tells you that's our next mod (a computer/internet upgrade)
    1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
    Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Hey Bisc
      John Bull in the snow is just to cold for me, this time of year I like the deserts. Looks like you had fun though
      I relly like that front bumper winch setup you run, looks clean, almost to clean for a ford, anyway, sounds like you had fun, keep it up
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

Now I see the pics! Great and it looks like everyone had a fun time!
        1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
        Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Nice pics! Looks like a good time!

Michael
          1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
          3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

Working...
          X