Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Mountain and John Bull

I have done Gold mountain but not John bull. How difficult is John Bull, as I have two jeeps going, one is my Rubicon the other is my 84 CJ7 with 31 MTR's and open diff's. I plan to be at the staging area for GM at about 8:00 - 8:30. I would like to have someone with experience on John Bull along, however there is always a bunch of people running these trails so I do not feel it will be hard to hook up.
    Rubi,5sp, Gold, OME lift, Viair 450H SwayLoc, JKS 1.25" BL & 1" MM , GY 285/75-16 MTR's. Warn 9500Ti, dual Yellow Optima's, Nth' 1.25"drop TT /UCA's, T W DS, JKS F&R LCA's, M.O.R.E H C Front Bumper.

Update

Yesterday was very nice but lonely. There was no one at Big bear. I started up Gold Mountain at about 8:35, got to and started John Bull by 10:00 and was having lunch on the other side of John Bull by 11:30 and did not see another 4wd. I really am not complaining as I thought the trails would be over run on a holiday weekend. After lunch I ran the White mountain Trail both directions and did meet some very nice people. I did go up Cal 3 Wheel, but only went down Suicide Hill. Had a great day.
    Rubi,5sp, Gold, OME lift, Viair 450H SwayLoc, JKS 1.25" BL & 1" MM , GY 285/75-16 MTR's. Warn 9500Ti, dual Yellow Optima's, Nth' 1.25"drop TT /UCA's, T W DS, JKS F&R LCA's, M.O.R.E H C Front Bumper.

Comment

sounds like a nice day of wheeling to me! you hauled a$$ through john bull... those are all nice runs that you did up there in big bear. i like them all. 3n-93 is another pretty fun one, but not more difficult than john bull. dishpan springs is fun too
      wish i could have been there.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Sorry to hear you were alone, I completely missed your post about the run, and would have probably gone if Id have known...AND had a spare...(hhrrmmnnn....Chrisssss??? Can I borrow something from you again???) :p

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
          Sorry to hear you were alone, I completely missed your post about the run, and would have probably gone if Id have known...AND had a spare...(hhrrmmnnn....Chrisssss??? Can I borrow something from you again???) :p

Tam
          Sure you can borrow my spare. I dont need it, onaccounta I only have front wheel drive. Soon to be fixed I hope, I need to wheel again.

BigRick, Hopefully we can meet up and wheel sometimes. Our group usually makes a trip to BB every couple of months or so. I've never run Gold Mountain . . . how is it?
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Dukes69, Gold Mountain is a nice "single Black Diamond" where John Bull is a "triple Black Diamond" . GM has really three chalenging parts, some 12 - 18" shelves, some loose shale rock crawling, and a off camber left turn around a tree. The rest of the trail is made up of nice rough trail that requires low range for speed control, not power. We have taken my 84 CJ 7 though it (open diffs, 31" MTRs), it is more chalenging with this level of equipment. With the flex of a disco'd TJ and limited slip rear it is not tough. You can see in My signature the equipment on my Rubicon, and I have never used the Lockers on this trail. GM is a good warm up trail as yopu head over to John Bull.

If you have a longer wheel base unit the difficulty will be greater.

Comment

Working...
            X