Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bald Mountain 26 Dec

Us and some friends with jeeps decieded at the last minute to go up to Bald Mountain. Bald is North East of Fresno. There was snow up there, and we played in it for a couple of hours.
    We helped to recover a fellow jeeper that got stuck on a trail that has a creek running through it. He blew the bead on a tire, and then lost the valve stem. We had to winch him out so he could change the tire and then get out.
    Here are some pics of our afternoon in the snow.

Guys flat and blown bead.

Top of Hollywood.

Where we stopped to air down.

It was a fun afternoon in the snow.

Navy-Jeepster
    Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
    Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

BRRRRRRR!

Brings back bad memories,

Great Pix:thumbs_up :thumbs_up
    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

pretty snow and sweet pics!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Looks WAAAAAY too hot for me!

Nice pics!

Comment

Nice Pics Todd!
          1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
          Glad to be back in California!

Comment

The jeeper that was stuck, was wheeling by himself. But he would not have attempted this creek without us close by. We had told him that if he attempted it, and got stuck, we would help get him out. Otherwise, he would not have attempted this creek.
            Just before we got there, there was a bunch of guys in toyotas that did not make it either. So he did not feel too bad about not making it through.

In the summer, this trail is rated as easy. I think that is going to possibly change after winter. We went through here this past summer when our jeep was stock. It was a little tight.

Our jeep did really good with no lockers in the snow. The two guys we where with, both had lockers. I think what help us, is our tires bite really good (Goodyear MTR's) in the snow.

It was a fun day in the snow though. It was kind of warm, like around the low 50's. Not like the summer temps of this area.

Navy-Jeepster
            Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
            Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Working...
            X