Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric

The engine died, and lost power steering. My dad had to try and steer with both hands. With no vacuum for the brakes, it was like stepping on the old style brakes, but harder. Try to do all that at the same time, and the motorhome is picking up speed, and then all you see is the low guardrail, and the rockwall. Not knowing what was further down the road, he made the decision to take the rock wall. It was a better decision then the guardrail.

Like someone said, you need to have a brake assist on what you are towing. I think if my dad had had something like that, and could have used the brakes on the jeep to try and slow him down some, it would have helped. Also, a diesel pusher, has better brakes. I think they are going to look for that style next.

Thanks for everyones concern, and prayers. They are much appreciated. Makes you look at life with a whole new meaning.

Al, sweet trailer. I will have to check out the pics from your run.

As those out there know, we did not have the opportunity to complete any runs. Next year for PVD. We will be back.

Even though we where not able to complete any runs, we enjoyed seeing old friends.

Thanks

Todd & Teresa
    Navy-Jeepster
    Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
    Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

I made it first try without any difficulty. Kirk had to turn around at the v notch, his arb compressor shit the bed. I had no trouble anywhere on the trail. It was a walk in the park. Here is a linkl to a great video of the notch. http://www.geared4fun.com/gallery_pvd.html
      Last edited by igofshn; 11-14-05, 07:38 PM.
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Fun times on PVD 2005!

Hey everyone!
        Well let me just start by saying it was great to see several MJR members out at the annual PVD run this year. 2nd, it was also very nice to find out that navy's family was alright after the RV accident. I was extremely happy to be able to speak with them at the Saturday night drawing. The group of 4 wheelers I was out with managed to get a couple of runs in on Friday & Saturday. Isham Canyon on Friday (only tore out a couple of screws holding the passenger rear fender flair on & one small scrape on the front stinger/bumper) & an easy ride to follow up on Saturday of Fish Canyon. We took lots of pictures and were happy to see the Kings on Fish Canyon run (Marvin looked great on the trail!). We had a welder on board if that control bracket had come off again.
        Sunday was a fun ride with just a small core group of us doing Golier Wash Canyon and visiting the Barker Ranch (of Charles Manson hide out fame). Yes I took my relatively stock black XJ Cherokee 2dr sport over all 3 waterfall stair steps.... It's amazing what those things will do when needed. We ended out in the middle of Death Valley Sunday night around 7PM & headded for Baker. When I finally got to Baker my Gas reserve lamp had been on for over 20 miles and when I filled up, it took within a half gallon of being out. That was a close call, I never travel alone without (Ham radio).

Rubicon Rick OllllllO
        " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
        Rick W6RE

Comment

Working...
        X