Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sledge Hammer of Johnson Valley

We went to Johnson Valley to watch some friends take on the Trail called the Sledge Hammer. Only after a few minutes on the trail, we could see the trail was appropriately named.

The trip report is with the picture.

http://community.webshots.com/user/wld2000
    Last edited by WLD; 11-06-05, 10:42 AM.

Originally posted by WLD
    We went to Johnson Valley to watch some friends take on the Trail called the Sledge Hammer. Only after a few minutes on the trail, we could see the trail was appropriately named.

The trip report is with the picture.

http://community.webshots.com/user/wld2000

Nice work with the pics and captions. How long did they spend on the trail that day?
    I am Savvy.

Comment

They began at 9:00 AM and came out sometime after dark, maybe it was 7-8 pm

Comment

Sweet pics –!thanks for sharing.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Looks like they didnt know what they were up against. Nice pictures.

Comment

I went to the Hammers for the first time this weekend to watch a friend break in his new Sammy/Toyota, and literally, he broke it in. We didn't get very far when he broke his knuckle and bent his tie rod twice. Anyway, I have a question. When you are looking at the sign that points you to the trails, Jack and Sledge, I know Jack is right there at the sign, but are there 2 other trails to the right of it? Or is Sledge off to the far right with a bunch of sandy spots at the beginning? I just want to make sure we were in the right spot.

Comment

Originally posted by 01Sport
              I went to the Hammers for the first time this weekend to watch a friend break in his new Sammy/Toyota, and literally, he broke it in. We didn't get very far when he broke his knuckle and bent his tie rod twice. Anyway, I have a question. When you are looking at the sign that points you to the trails, Jack and Sledge, I know Jack is right there at the sign, but are there 2 other trails to the right of it? Or is Sledge off to the far right with a bunch of sandy spots at the beginning? I just want to make sure we were in the right spot.
              You are in a sand wash when you see the sign. Jack is a left turn out of the wash and just continuing up the wash will put you on Sledge. The wash continues a bit past the beginning of Jack and then sort meanders around to the right and back left.
              I am Savvy.

Comment

OK, that makes sense. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X