Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no worries.
    i was starting to feel like i had to prove something, due to the way my question was first received. and i'm gettin too old and have done too much fabricating, modifying and rock crawling to care about proving anything to anyone other than myself.

its no big deal, i just need to get out in some rocks.
    I actually had already planned on runnin JV with the Tin Benders on Turkey weekend anyways.

plus Ive gotten ideas for other places from lurkin around this site anyhow.
    I'll probably just start exploring on my own. I may go n check out that cleghorn trail that was suggested in another thread. its only an hour from me and i could go have some fun (maybe this sat or sun) and still make it home for dinner

have fun at the shoot-em-up.

Chris
    Tires, Gears, Armor, what else do I need for the Hammers?

Comment

If you have never been to calico, it is worth the trip. It's a fun place to check out, and the ghost town is cool for a 1/2 day or so also. If my rig was ready I would go to test out the new swaybars. I am planning on being in JV from turkey day to sunday, so I have to be ready by then. Just got to get the hydro-boost installed so I can actually stop this thing.
      ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
      00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
      97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Would like to be there. What time are you hitting the trail sat morning?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinofcamelot
          Would like to be there. What time are you hitting the trail sat morning?
          How 'bout 9am. We could meet at Doran entrance. I'm sure there will be some jeepers there trying to wreck their jeeps We can watch for a while, winch you thru, or use the bypass.

Chris CB87YJ - come on up and run with us. It sounds like you're a lot more hardcore than I am But yes, Calico is a bit of a run from the basin. And yes as well, all the trails are at least a hundred miles away, in many cases farther. I figure I'll be putting on about 1500 miles for recreation this month alone.

ChrisL - thanks for the plug! It is a great area. Can't wait to see your new buggy run.

Comment

Originally posted by Navy-Jeepster
            king4wd2

Is that first waterfall, where you messed up your stock bumper at IDTT trip this last year?

That was a fun trip. We are all ready talking about doing it next year.

Navy-Jeepster
            Gold Digger
            Yep! That would be it!
            1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
            Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Working...
            X