Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randsburg April 30

Me and a few friends will be camping down by Randsburge April 30 till May 1st for a little RR. I'm not to familiar with the area and would like to know if anyone knows of some good trails to explore while up there or if anyone wants to met up for some trail fun let me know thanks
    01 Tj Sport 4.0 Auto
    4 RE, 1" Bl-MM, 33" with 6" flares and ORF tire carrier
    SYE kit with ARB F/B 4.56

Most of the group is headed to Calico for the Ill drink to that Run...Youre welcome to join us, it sounds like it will be a good time

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
      Most of the group is headed to Calico for the Ill drink to that Run...Youre welcome to join us, it sounds like it will be a good time

Tam
      Thanks Tam, I wish I could met up with everyone for the 1st time and try out the new lockers install but the guys planned this months ago and i can't back out now maybe I'll met up with some of you on the next run.
      01 Tj Sport 4.0 Auto

Comment

There are lots of trails around there. Somewhere in randsburg you should be able to get a "friends of jawbone" map for a couple bucks. they also have them for sale online at WWW.jawbone.org. it shows a lot of the trails. The ones I know of are last chance canyon and Goler gulch. I haven't done last chance yet but did Goler gulch a couple months ago. I have some pics , and a vid of goler here. if I don't make it to calico I might try to join up with you. What other vehicles do you plan on having with you?
        www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3791
        Dennis
        04 TJ
        4.0/Auto
        RE 4.5 Long Arm
        Rock-It Man Rockers
        33x12.50 BFG A/T
        desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

Stop by the blm office there, they have the freinds of jawbone map, it covers alot of the trail around there, It wil show burro schmidt tunnel, its a great place to go see, the cabins im sure are all torn up now but the tunnel is there.
          04TJ, 4.0 5spd
          4" rough country springs
          Nth degree arms upper and lower
          1" Currie MML/BL
          Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
          33"BFG MT's
          Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Originally posted by Deamer
            There are lots of trails around there. Somewhere in randsburg you should be able to get a "friends of jawbone" map for a couple bucks. they also have them for sale online at WWW.jawbone.org. it shows a lot of the trails. The ones I know of are last chance canyon and Goler gulch. I haven't done last chance yet but did Goler gulch a couple months ago. I have some pics , and a vid of goler here. if I don't make it to calico I might try to join up with you. What other vehicles do you plan on having with you?
            www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3791

Thanks for the great info on the maps I'll have to pick one up. There be
            a few of use with jeeps and most with have bikes an quads.
            01 Tj Sport 4.0 Auto

Comment

Originally posted by 6Spyder
              Thanks for the great info on the maps I'll have to pick one up. There be
              a few of use with jeeps and most with have bikes an quads.
              Forgot to add where the blm office is, If you are coming from mojave on 14N, it is on the left shortly before the randsburg turnoff and just past the jawbone store (Fat lady laying on the beach on a billboard), IF you are gonna be at randsburg, head south on the 14 towards mojave, it will be on the right side..shortly past the randsburg turnoff.. Wish i could join you guys but gotta work saturdays..
              04TJ, 4.0 5spd
              4" rough country springs
              Nth degree arms upper and lower
              1" Currie MML/BL
              Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
              33"BFG MT's
              Lock-rite in the front

Comment

I just ran through Last Chance on Saturday. It is so green up there. I started at the EP100 trailhead on Randsburg/ Red Rock Road. (About 7 miles from the 14- R/RR junction). I took the EP 15 to the tunnel and saw the BLM guy and some volunteers putting a fence around the old cabins. Some creeps have been tearing them up pretty bad. I took the trail back down to Last chance canyon. It was a 3 on a scale of 5. No metal scrapes but the water in the canyon made the rocks slippery. I would guess that a stock Jeep could get through OK. Some rocks just big enough to make it important to pick the best line... Do get a map. Watch out for Quads and two wheelers.
                Ford 9" rear, Dana 44 front, Detroit No spins F/R, 4.56 /1
                Bulletproof front bumper, Body Armor rear bumper
                MPFI 258ci I6 by Clifford
                35" BFG AT, 4 wheel disc brakes
                4.5" Superlift, 2" body lift
                Bad to the bone.[SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkRed]

Comment

I'm actualy going to be in California City that weekend dirtbiking hopefuly gonna take the YJ, not to sure yet.

Havn't really done much with the jeep out there, but i know they have awesome trails for the bikes and quads.
                  94 YJ 33's 3" lift Rancho 9000s w/ in cab adjuster
                  Warn front bumper Hella Black Magic lights
                  Tomken rear bumper.
                  and you can't forget the Hi-Lift.

I'll take a glass of mud... On the Rocks!

Comment

looks like i will be working this weekend but i still wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys if I have a chance. if you guys know where you are going to be camping let me know. I am going to pm you guys my phone number in case you have any questions or problems in the area. if anyone else is heading up in this area and wants it pm me and i will send it to you.
                    Dennis
                    04 TJ
                    4.0/Auto
                    RE 4.5 Long Arm
                    Rock-It Man Rockers
                    33x12.50 BFG A/T
                    desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

Working...
                    X