• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calico April 9-10... report

Casualty report:
    Paulhead- drivers side mirror, small hole in soft top, new scratches
    Socalchef- 2 tires, r/rear tailight, ant and mount, misc scratches & dents
    Anyone else please chime in.
    Last edited by paulhead; 04-10-05, 02:14 PM.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

so saki's xj is awesome. very nice tube work on that, and i love your plate definitely looking forward to the video

most everybody failed to show up or find us, only paulhed and a guy from my club found us this morning. Two guys had engine failures on the way in this morning, one got in trouble and school and couldn't come I got there way later then I expected and found saki and crew at the entrance to Odessa. They played great hosts and let us tool around with 'em. Up Odessa, and back down once we hit the mines. Cruised over to Doran and found a big crowd watching the carnage. I lost two tires, a wheel, a tail light, a license plate, a cb antenna, and got a bunch of dents all over I scared 'em all off

A couple EB's went up after me, a real nice looking one got pretty jacked up I hear, then I watched an Avalanche comp rig walk right up, made me pissed

Had a good time with Saki and his friends though, and I'm looking forward to trying the gatekeeper again someday. May try to get out again before it gets too hot, my gf really liked the trail and it was beautiful. Even got to lay down and relax on my trailer around lunch time and watch the clouds go by and break up haha A nice relaxing weekend after madness at work for two weeks.

oh yeah, ending up coming home early since the others all took off and my weekend was pretty much over
    If it works, it's time to try something new

Comment

I love mountain climbing with a 35" tire, good for the legs.

Comment

yer insane man

Comment

That kinda sucks that you didn't find everyone but it sounds like you had a great time despite the consequences. Don't forget about the run on the 30th!
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Picturesss!!!!
            Bryan
            2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
            front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
            Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

Originally posted by socalchef
              Cruised over to Doran and found a big crowd watching the carnage. I lost two tires, a wheel, a tail light, a license plate, a cb antenna, and got a bunch of dents all over I scared 'em all off
              Chef.. I bow down to you. You are completely insane.

We had a great time rolling with you guys.

Did any other MJR people make it out?

I'll have the video up ASAP. It's awesome!

When you get some new tires and rims lets hit Cougar Buttes. We'll try to keep up.
              PM me your address so I can send a DVD to you and your insurance company. :gun:

Comment

I got off work early at 4pm and decide to try to find you guys. drove all over the campgrounds and trails looking for the MJR group. Didn't find anyone but got a bunch of invites to from other campers to join them. Got a hold of socalchef and he told me that everyone went home so we decided to just do a little more exploring. Wound up helping two guys putting their fullsize blazer with a busted axle and only 3 wheels on a trailer that was way to small. We are going to try to make the run on the 30th. My girlfriend loved it out there. Unfortunatly we didn't have the camera but will next time.
                Dennis
                04 TJ
                4.0/Auto
                RE 4.5 Long Arm
                Rock-It Man Rockers
                33x12.50 BFG A/T
                desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

We'll make sure to bring the banners and junk for the 30th
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I'm excited you got video, I was telling Paul that I hoped at least one person got to get some cool video to watch out of it. Really glad it was you! I'll be looking forward to it!
                    Your rig is awesome btw! Excellent use of a rolled xj

Comment

Originally posted by socalchef
                      Your rig is awesome btw! Excellent use of a rolled xj
                      Thanks! It's been quite the project. I'm pretty happy with it.
                      This past weekend was the first trip with the new gears and lockers, what a difference!
                      All I need now is a front bumper.

<begging>
                      Anyone want to sponsor it?
                      </begging>

The video is on the computer now, I'll edit it a bit and compress it for web viewing. I'll get a DVD to you also someday.

-Kirk

Comment

Luckily my wife's a compooter wiz, she got those pictures off the camera. Thanx again Adam.

Last edited by paulhead; 04-12-05, 06:28 PM.

Comment

NICE! isn't that camera sweet? definitely worth the $150 or so to replace the lcd, should have done it myself canon's are awesome cameras, i hope you dig it. lots of room on that memory card too. got yoru video and the other pic, you done good bro! i'll post the video a little later, i gotta run and deposit my check before all my bills bounce!

Comment

here's one more from paul http://abendig.com/gallery/PaulsApri...oPics/IMG_1645

if you've got more send em over and i'll upload em...i'll probably setup an account for you so you can upload them on my server if you want...no limits or anything, auto resize, etc...good stuff.

i think you're my new official photographer, they came out real nice.

Comment

Got Breakfast?

Can I be your official videographer?

Doran Canyon Serves The Chef....

If anyone can host this I'd appreciate it. I have limited bandwidth.

Thanks for the show Chef, I figure this is the least I can do for you....

-Kirk
                              Last edited by saki669; 04-12-05, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X