Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZ: Martinez Canyon 3-19-05

A few of us are getting together to run Martinez Canyon on the 19th (sat). There are rumors of washed out sections, and dramatically changed terrain below the mill, making it much more difficult that in the past few years.

If Martinez is impassible (some say it is, some say it isn't), then the back up plan is either upper and lower woodpecker, or elvis.

Anyone is invited, just be aware that these are not stocker friendly trails. 33's and one hard locker minimum. deep gears and 2 hard lockers recommended. I haven't seen the trail since the rains, so I don't really know what we are getting ourselves into.......
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Mmmmmm.......sounds fun. What's up Brian? Long time no talk! I'm going to have to drag the Jeep out and wheel with you guys soon!
    4:1 ratio racing

Comment

Start draggin! It gets hot out here real soon. The 'wheeling season is almost over.

KG6OWO

Comment

I'm jealous. I did Martinez last spring, I bet it will be a lot more fun since the rains and the scenery is fantanstic out there have fun!
        35" MTRs, Ox Lockers, bellyup, cage, stuff + things... blah, blah, blah . <><

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
          Start draggin! It gets hot out here real soon. The 'wheeling season is almost over.
          Well, I can't make it out there this weekend, I have the kids to take care of. So, as you can guess I have every other weekend free, let's make some plans to wheel!

Comment

I did the Martinez Mine Loop about a week ago, and it was *great.* There's lots of new boulders and deep washouts all over the place.

I would join you but I have some friends going to Upper Ajax and Bad Medicine (if we can find it.) How come two great wheeling trips fall on the same day :mad: :confused:

Have fun.
            "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

How bad is Martinez now? Is the whole thing a tougher ride now, or is there still a *fairly* easy path through it? There is one IFS rig coming along with me (he has been through the Martinez loop several times, but not this year).

Paul, I have nothing on the calander for the first 4 weekends of April. Pick a weekend. How is your jeep set up now anyway????

KG6OWO

Comment

Hmm...The wash has some easier routes but the pile of rocks halfway between the cabin and the mill is hard, but not impossible.

Also, some of the lower switchbacks had big washouts. I would guess we were the first group through in a while so we smoothed it out for you

One of our group was an XJ with 31s and lockers. He made it with some bumping and grinding
                "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

OK. I guess we'll have to see if Brett can get his taco through there or not......

Paul, April 9/10 is no good.....

KG6OWO

Comment

Paul, I have nothing on the calander for the first 4 weekends of April. Pick a weekend. How is your jeep set up now anyway????
                    My Jeep is still kinda stock.
                    33" MTR's
                    4.88 gears in the diff's
                    4.1 gears in the t-case
                    Super 35 kit w/Detroit in rear axle
                    Aussie Locker in the front axle
                    PSC power steering (originally manual steering) ram unit yet to be installed

How is the weekend of April 23rd?

Comment

That works for me.

KG6OWO

Comment

That works for me.
                        How long would you say that it takes to drive out to your neighborhood? I was planning on driving out on Friday morning, wheel with you on Saturday and then maybe wheel a little bit on Sunday morning or just drive home? Your thoughts on this.

Comment

7 - 8 hours.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
                          X