Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paultyler
    Paulhead:

Let me know if you want to come. Also, PaulW and anyone else is welcome to join us for BC109.
    I'm leaning towards going with you. I'd want to go to JV with some vets that know the trails out there rather than venture alone.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Where is Johnson Valley. How long is the drive to get there?
      92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

East of Victorville, a zillion miles from both of us.

Comment

Tom, I am going to write you off forever unless you go with us. Actually, maybe you should just sell your Jeep.
          There is a very slight chance I won't have to work Sat. but if I don't I'll have to work tonight Friday till 12:30 am or so. Frigin TV shows, Deadwood on Sat. Arrested Development Fri. but I' being told my job will be changing soon, better hours and regular too. After 3 years of working the Dub stages I've had enough so don't write me off so fast buddy, I'll make it out and show you how it's done, haha.

You guys have fun, it's not me it's the job.
          Cheers, B&T TJ

Comment

We'll be expecting you sir.
            Salud, amor y dinero.

Comment

Paulhead:

Let me know if you want to come. Also, PaulW and anyone else is welcome to join us for BC109.
              I'm interested in joining you guys! Where is BC109? What time and where is everybody meeting?
              4:1 ratio racing

Comment

Out by Gorman/Hungry Valley. Definately cruise along. Last time we met at Burger King about 25 miles south of there.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                  Out by Gorman/Hungry Valley. Definately cruise along. Last time we met at Burger King about 25 miles south of there.
                  I was kinda hoping for a little more detail. What offramp would this BK be located off of? :confused: Is that off the 15 and ???

Comment

Originally posted by PaulW
                    I was kinda hoping for a little more detail. What offramp would this BK be located off of? :confused: Is that off the 15 and ???
                    Actually it was MickyD's off the Lake Hughes exit 5 miles north of Majic Mountain off the I5. But I don't know the details about this run so I'm talking out my arse. paultyler will let us know.

Comment

OK. Here is the problem. One of the guys going with us lives in Ojai. Normally he would go up the 33 to get to BC109 and turn right on Lockwood Valley Rd. The 33 is closed and he trailers his rig. Therefore for hiim to get to BC109 would probably take about 3 1/2 hours. He has asked if we could go to either Rowher or to Hungry Valley.

BC109 is about 25 miles up lockwood Valley Rd. from Frazier Park and would take him a while since he is trailering his rig.

I am coming from Camarillo--up the 126 to the 5. For me BC109, Rowher or Hungry Valley would be fine. So if you plan to go tomorrow, post which of those locations you would prefer and I will suggest a meeting place.
                      92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Hungry Valley. Rowher has gotten a little old for me. But I'm open to the majority, just want to get out and wheel.

Comment

OK. Here is the problem. One of the guys going with us lives in Ojai. Normally he would go up the 33 to get to BC109 and turn right on Lockwood Valley Rd. The 33 is closed and he trailers his rig. Therefore for hiim to get to BC109 would probably take about 3 1/2 hours. He has asked if we could go to either Rowher or to Hungry Valley.

BC109 is about 25 miles up lockwood Valley Rd. from Frazier Park and would take him a while since he is trailering his rig.

I am coming from Camarillo--up the 126 to the 5. For me BC109, Rowher or Hungry Valley would be fine. So if you plan to go tomorrow, post which of those locations you would prefer and I will suggest a meeting place.
                          I typically flat tow my Jeep on longer "hauls" also. Do you know the Flying J off the 5 freeway? Would that be a good rally point? It has been a while since I've been up there, is there a spot to park trucks and trailers near there?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulW
                            I typically flat tow my Jeep on longer "hauls" also. Do you know the Flying J off the 5 freeway? Would that be a good rally point? It has been a while since I've been up there, is there a spot to park trucks and trailers near there?
                            Hey Paul,
                            Sorry I won't be joining you guys but where they're talking about will be much further south will might be good for you. Rowher meeting place usually is just off the 14 north @ Sand Cyn. , Denny's most of the time and Hungry Valley is off the 5 north @ Smokey Bear Rd. maybe 10 miles south of the Flying J off ramp.
                            Have fun, I'm think about trying to make the Anza run next weekend, that's in your area.

B&T TJ

Comment

OK, here is the plan. Let's meet at the Lake Hughes Exit McDonalds at 8:30 a.m. This will be tomorrow (Saturday 3-12-05). This is on the 5 freeway just past where the 126 meets the 5. From there we will decide whether to go all the way to BC109 or just go to Hungry Valley. We will plan to drive off no later than 8:45 from McDonalds.

My friend with the trailer had to back out so BC109 is back on the board if everyone is interested (it would be my first choice).

Please post if you are coming. I will be bringing one other Jeep.

My cell is 805-889-9000 and my CB will be on channel 4.

Comment

Hey you guys have room for one more Jeep? will 32's & open Dif have any trouble out there?

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X