X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• find your crawl ratio

worth saving in the favorites section

link to calculator
    Last edited by Cetrov; 08-10-03, 10:45 PM.
    Kirk
    1997 Jeep Wrangler

that is a great calculator!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Wait till AL (Igoshn) see those crawl ratio's for the auto !!! It's not gonna be pretty !

I dont think their calculating torque conversions in there ?

Comment

they came up pretty good with the auto, and the 4:1
        what trans does he have in that thing?
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Nice calculator, but it doesn't work for me. No listing for the Dana 18. That's ok though, I know that the majority of this BB has the NP231 or the Dana 300.

I know Al and I have already discussed the gearing for the Auto thing, but this month, one of the mags even used that formula for figuring out the Automatic trannies crawl ratio. NO, mention of torque conversion. Now, I KNOW, after talking to Al and a local friend that they do make for a big factor, but NOT in the raw mathmatical numbers. I've watched my buddy work his auto, flawlessly up some stuff, with some higher gearing, but the torque converter helped keep the power applied.

Anyhow, gotta go with the numbers when figuring crawl ratios, but gotta go with what you know when you see it happening.

Comment

Anyone got an idea of what an auto tranny actually puts out gear wise? The TF999 has a 1st gear 2.74, but with the torque converter its what? Ive heard both an extra 2:1 or 3:1 for autos but never and actual calculation. Anyone got any ideas?
            Screw you guys, I'm goin' to pismo.

Comment

It doesn't have the TF999. All I know is I could climb Cadilac Hill without touching the gas. It was fun.
              1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Man, that calc looks REALLY familiar....

Comment

Damn it I stole the sucker and changed it's color!!!!
                  Kirk
                  1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Haha, it's all good... I do like the drop down boxes. Makes it a lot easier to add a tranny when someone sends you gear ratios. Oh yeah, you'll be getting emails all the time, "Why don't you have my tranny listed? Here's my ratio's."

I've got a few emails saved that I haven't added to my page. I'll have to get them to you if you want them.

Comment

My tranny and my t-case aren't on there...
                      I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

Originally posted by YJWOLF
                        Anyone got an idea of what an auto tranny actually puts out gear wise? The TF999 has a 1st gear 2.74, but with the torque converter its what? Ive heard both an extra 2:1 or 3:1 for autos but never and actual calculation. Anyone got any ideas?
                        There is no way of coming up with a hard number for that. It all depends on a whole slew of things, including the mechanical gear ratio (tranny, xfer case(s), differentials), the engines output, load on the powertrain, the specific torque convertor, the viscosity of the fluid, etc.

Think of it this way, it could be 1:1 (torque convertor locked while cruising down the freeway), or it could be infinity:1 (idleing at a stop light....the engine turning around 700rpm, vehicle not moving), or, more realistically, somewhere inbetween.

I was on a run out here in AZ early this year with a group of guys from various clubs. One of them had a pretty new buggy out. He said that running the auto instead of a manual felt about like adding a 2:1 underdrive to it. Take that with a grain of salt, it is only a seat of the pants estimate.
                        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
                        X