• Rower Flats this sunday?

Anyone up for a lil' dirt?
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

weeeee, i wish it weren't so far.
    cool pic
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I'm in. Is there a meeting place or the freeway thing? PM Paul Tyler, he wanted to go when we saw him at Hungry Valley.

B&T TJ

Comment

Denny's 8 or 9am.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
          Denny's 8 or 9am.
          Sand Cyn. & Hwy 14 9am sounds good. I think I'll get there early for breakfast. Ch.4 or 10?

B&T TJ

Comment

4 , 10's back-up if too much traffic.

Comment

I'm pretty new here on this board but have hung out a bit over on the ORC bbs. I have been looking for some other So Cal wheelers to go on runs with. Do you guys have room for a couple more? I have heard of the trail but never done it. I was told it was Black Diamond but that doesn't mean too much...

My rig: 00 TJ 4.0 6in long arm lift, 35in tires, open diffs, auto
              Father in laws rig: 92 Cherokee, I6, auto, 6in long arm, 33in tires, open diffs

Let me know, and I will check with him... and check the schedule
              Scott Poliseno
              www.4x4garage.com

The trouble with political jokes is that very often they get elected.

Comment

Originally posted by 4x4garage
                I'm pretty new here on this board but have hung out a bit over on the ORC bbs. I have been looking for some other So Cal wheelers to go on runs with. Do you guys have room for a couple more? I have heard of the trail but never done it. I was told it was Black Diamond but that doesn't mean too much...

Let me know, and I will check with him... and check the schedule
                Sure there's room. It's not an all day trail but there are 2 to run. The Lookout trail is the Black Diamond trail the other is milder. I haven't been there since the rains so who knows how it is now. Lookout trail is fairly steep and can be seen from the other trail in case it's not for everyone. Open diff. may have some problems but we're in no hurry so no worries. Both pretty much end in the same area.

See you there, B&T TJ

Comment

Originally posted by 4x4garage
                  Rowher is pretty steep and can be heavily rutted after a rain. The Sierra Pelona trail (6N08) provides a moderately scenic bypass and intersects many times with Rowher Trail.

The rain we have received may have washed out the ruts a bit more. Open diffs may be problematic in this setting, so bring yer own tow strap (it'll get pretty dirty) and make sure your tow points are secure.

Check the link for pics of Rowher after a dry spell.
                  Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                  2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Hey guys,
                    Paulhead posted this on our site but since all the action is here ill join.
                    Me and 2 buddys will be joining you guys(One of them is a toyota.. shhhh)
                    we've ran rowher countless times and im open diffs, in dry conditions and muddy, and its a great local trail.
                    4x4garage you should be fine, ive only got a 2"BB on 30's and havent any problems. Of course i dont care much for sheetmetal.

Comment

Wish I could make it but I'm committed to go to Gorman this Sunday and meet up with some friends from Bakersfield. Maybe next time.
                      Joe Rojas
                      1994 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Paulhead and Blk & Tan TJ:

Thanks for sending me a PM. Sundays are hard for me because I take the family to church from 10-12. So as it turns out I will not be able to make it this Sunday. I will contact you guys in a week or two when I go out again and maybe we can get together. Maybe the mud pit at Gorman will be full again by then! Thanks.

Paul
                        92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Originally posted by Roknxj
                          Wish I could make it but I'm committed to go to Gorman this Sunday and meet up with some friends from Bakersfield. Maybe next time.
                          Sheetmetal is bendable for a reason right?

I'll check back to let you know tomorrow... thanks
                          Scott Poliseno
                          www.4x4garage.com

The trouble with political jokes is that very often they get elected.

Comment

This is no fair, Finally a bunch gonna make a sunday run and its close to home for me, My jeep is going in the shop for lift and gears tomorrow (thursday) and Im not supposed to get it back till mon or tues, :angry: :thumbs_do :sad:
                            04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                            4" rough country springs
                            Nth degree arms upper and lower
                            1" Currie MML/BL
                            Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
                            33"BFG MT's
                            Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Originally posted by AVNATIVE
                              This is no fair, Finally a bunch gonna make a sunday run and its close to home for me, My jeep is going in the shop for lift and gears tomorrow (thursday) and Im not supposed to get it back till mon or tues, :angry: :thumbs_do :sad:
                              Ride shotgun

Comment

Working...
                              X