Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Sept or Oct run to Death Valley

Well so far this year has gone by fast- Some real good runs have come and gone.

We need some good october runs back out in the desert when it cools down a little.

The wife and I are loving the Death Valley area- Maybe a run to the barker ranch- Goler wash and on into Death Valley from the Ballarat area.

Any good weekends late sept. or early oct?
    Kirk
    1997 Jeep Wrangler

what type of run would this be?
    basicly cruising dirt roads, or is there some element of chalenge in mind. you can count me in either way, but... remind me to bring a paper resperator
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I'd go for late Sept.
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Golar wash would be a pretty easy run. I have attempted it twice, but both times we decided to not go on through (once due to heavy rains, once due to a vehicle in the group breaking down). There are some other good runs in the area. Last April we came in through the Dedeckera sand dunes, over steel pass and down through the hot springs--that was a good ride. The Lippencott mine/race track/hunter mountain loop is supposed to be a good trip too (that would be a overnight trip). If you want to do some hiking, Grotto Canyon is OUTSTANDING (warning--you have to do a little bit of free climbing, there are some waterfalls that you will have to scale, but it is well worth the effort), and the ever so popular Mosaic Canyon is worth the hike too. Both of those are outside of Stovepipe Wells, and you can hike both canyons in a single day.

Wish I could go (I love Death Valley), but I won't have any vacation until next August.
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I've done the Goler wash- fun and scenic- a nice ride with few rough spots- old hotels and mines to see-

Titus canyon is great- scenic- not hard but very cool.

Great hiking.

I have not done Hunter mountain yet but have been to the racetrack.
          Kirk
          1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

sounds great ... nothing major planned for those upcoming weekends.
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
            X