Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superstition Clean up November 6-7

Hey! Long time time no see! Hi Sarah!
    I'm hoping we can get some of you to come out and help the San Diego 4 Wheelers do some cleaning up on the mountain, run some trails and have a blast. Bring your camping gear and water for some primitive camping. Free food for participants on Saturday thanks to a grant from Cal4Wheel. Help us keep our playground clean and open for us and future generations. Hope to see you there! For further info, contact kelliganmygirl@san.rr.com or call 858-483-0688
    Last edited by sarah; 11-01-04, 09:29 AM.

Hey boy, where is this area exactly?
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

It's about 20 miles west of El Centro, near Brawley.... Do you know where Ocotillo Wells Is?

Comment

You would probably take the I-10 to the 86S South to the 86 past Truckhaven and past the 78 junction... almost all the way to Brawley.... you would turn right on Forrester Rd. (S30) before Brawley and take that through the fields 5-6 miles to Imler Rd. Follow Imler Rd. 2 or so miles until you come to a Y junction, bear left and stay on the paved road, The name will change to Huff Rd. Follow Huff Rd. another couple of miles to Wheeler Rd, which is a right turn onto a dirt road before you come to the fields again.... follow the well traveled dirt road (keep bearing right at the wash) for 4+ miles.. SD 4 Wheel Camp will be to the left almost at the foot of the mountain... if you get to the Big BLM sign/bulleting board you went past us.... When I get home this afternoon, I'll post the GPS coordinates too....
        From I-8 you would take the Dunaway exit and go north over the freeway to the Imperial Highway, make a right... Follow it 5 miles or so to Huff Rd.... Turn left.... Stay on it to Wheeler Rd and make a left on the dirt rd... follow it 4+ miles (keep bearing right at the wash) to the camp on the left side...

Comment

GPS Co-ordinates for base camp: 32.55.371N 115.48.659W - BASE CAMP

Comment

Working...
          X