X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi

Hey guys.... um....wow..
    first...
    "Somone in Tommys group walked up to us and asked "what's the problem" with a shitty attitude, and we kept hearing mumblings of stacking rocks."

not saying this didn't happen, but I was 3rd in line and didn't see it. from the top of jack I saw you guys in the canyon and it didn't look like anyone had moved in the whole time it took us to get there.
    there were 5 of us in "Tommy's group". some very built, some moderate builds. We were "having trouble" because we were wasting time on silly lines after we sat there bored for a LONG time... I didn't mind. I have broken (a couple times) on sledge and I know sometimes it takes a while to extract from there. I didnt talk to anyone in the group, and I had no ill-feelings. I caught your group at the top of the sand hill and waited for mine to catch up.
    My jeep is a short arm TJ on 35's, so if I did struggle a little, after lots of folks tore up the trail, forgive me.
    I have only met a few of you here, but everyone I have met has been good folks.
    if you guys didnt stack rocks. super. if you did, and didnt unstack, poo on you. if it was like that already..whatever.

some folks feel as they "own" the trails out there. obviously that isnt the case, but I do agree that trails as hard as the hammers are too rare to make them less than what they are.
    this is me on back door the day before.
    It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Correction... That picture was a couple hours before we ran Jack, not the day before

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive
        Hey guys.... um....wow..
        first...
        "Somone in Tommys group walked up to us and asked "what's the problem" with a shitty attitude, and we kept hearing mumblings of stacking rocks."

not saying this didn't happen, but I was 3rd in line and didn't see it. from the top of jack I saw you guys in the canyon and it didn't look like anyone had moved in the whole time it took us to get there.
        there were 5 of us in "Tommy's group". some very built, some moderate builds. We were "having trouble" because we were wasting time on silly lines after we sat there bored for a LONG time... I didn't mind. I have broken (a couple times) on sledge and I know sometimes it takes a while to extract from there. I didnt talk to anyone in the group, and I had no ill-feelings. I caught your group at the top of the sand hill and waited for mine to catch up.
        My jeep is a short arm TJ on 35's, so if I did struggle a little, after lots of folks tore up the trail, forgive me.
        if you guys didnt stack rocks. super. if you did, and didnt unstack, poo on you. if it was like that already..whatever.

some folks feel as they "own" the trails out there. obviously that isnt the case, but I do agree that trails as hard as the hammers are too rare to make them less than what they are.
        Well, I was running sweeper and was the last one up in the white TJ on 37's. We stacked no rocks from the first waterfall up. The reason we were waiting there was we had to replace a valve stem on one rig and had another group a head of us with a cj that was smoking real bad, and we were waiting for them to get up over the hill while doing a repair.
        ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
        00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
        97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive
          Hey guys.... um....wow..
          first...

Frankly I am getting a bit tired of being lectured on rock etiquette. If you were not with us, did not see what was up, then all you have is conjecture and speculation.

It was very clear that you folks thought we stacked the rocks. It's not hard to miss all the evil looks as you were tossing rocks like some competitor afraid someone else might use them. Someone in your group needs to step up and speak for all of you. So far all I've heard is that "it wasn't me, I don't know if it happened, and you guys weren't moving and we were bored".

It was said, hellos were ignored and that's not right. I'll take 100% responsibility for anything that happened on our run who's gonna do it for your run?

So far the only one that I know of with more seat time out there than me, is Tommy. If he wants to discuss rock etiquette with me, go for it.

The rest of you need to back off and let it go.
          I am Savvy.

Comment

I didn't discuss any sort of trail manners at all.
            I didn't accuse anyone of anything.
            I didn't talk with anyone that day, and for that matter, I didnt even get out of my rig. I didn't throw rocks, I didnt give any looks.

I already said I DIDN'T MIND WAITING.

I'm not going to speak for anyone other than me. I don't concider myself the "leader", or the follower, or even part of any particular group. I was out wheeling with friends that day, and everyone with us was experienced enough where we didn't need a "trail boss".

If you want to claim "I'm right because I have more seat time", perhaps you should look a little further into who I am.

Oh, to make myself more clear....
            I was NOT referring to anyone on upper sledge that day when I was talking about the folks that feel as though they own the hammers.

I had a great time that day. Since I never had any contact with (your?) group, I didn't think there were any problems. If others in the group I was in were rude, I will not make excuses or apologies for them, nor will I say what they did was wrong. I didn't see anything other than folks in front of me throwing rocks that had been stacked...and while they were doing it, I made a joke about being too hasty with the rocks, as I was the smallest rig there.
            A large group on the hammers (or any other trail) is going to move slower than a small group.
            It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

sorry to the people that had pics to post, i'm going to have to close this thread.
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
              X