Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First wheeling movie

I did a combination wheeling / geocaching trip today to an area in Missouri called Big M, near Cassville. Found several geocaches, and tried my new miniature digital camera (Pentax Optio 5si) out. It has a movie mode, so I decided to put a movie together on my Macintosh.

This is a first for me, so be gentle (all movies are driver's perspective, since I was by myself - I know, I know, but there are always lots of ATV folks in this area, so help would be pretty easy to get):

http://www.zarkware.com/Movies/BigMTrailrideWeb.mov

It's a quicktime, so Windows users may need to download Apple's Quicktime player (from Apple.com) to play it.

Interested in any feedback on this. I enjoyed making it, and may do more if people like them (not planning to quit my day job anytime soon, though )
    PLM

Yay Mac! What software did you use? I think it was a great first moov, and when you get those extra perspectives it will juice it up a lot. I dig the song, too.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
      Yay Mac! What software did you use? I think it was a great first moov, and when you get those extra perspectives it will juice it up a lot. I dig the song, too.
      Thank, Sarah! I just used iMovie, and chose a song I thought worked well from my iTunes collection.

I mostly wheel alone, so may have to bring a tripod and set up my camera to capture the jeep from a different perspective.

It was pretty easy, once I figured out how the transition thingy worked. Hardest part was arranging the transitions to occur at times when I thought the music was fitting.

PLM

Comment

Sweet. I find Quicktime Pro is simple and easy for straight-cut scenes. (You may have come across some of them already in the gallery) I'll have to give iMovie a try though, because your intro was pretty cool. Kinda reminded me of Flash.

Hopefully we can hook ya up with some other wheelers in your area!

Comment

Sweet video

Comment

sweet
            If it works, it's time to try something new

Comment

woohoo!!

Comment

Originally posted by socalchef

sweet
                Is that a MAC logo short circuiting??? :confused:
                [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
                [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                X