Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree it should be necessary R&R Don't count me out yet... you never know.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I was on the Miller Jeep Trail yesterday, Sunday, to get out of the house.
      Wasn't my intensions as I figured it would be too muddy.
      In past weeks the dust in some spots was getting almost up to your rims deep, and hang in the air for minutes, too much water, and it would be like trying to drive on chocolate frosting.
      Well, I'm on the coast, where by morning we had over an 1" of rain.
      Went up through Ojai, where they had over 1.5", and figured I'd go to BC109 off Lockwood Valley where the sand improves with rain.
      The farther I got from the coastal mountains, the less rain there was, so I checked out Miller, it was great!
      It had sprinkled just enough to hold the dust together but not make any runoff ruts, the ground had soaked it up like a sponge.
      The top of Alamo Mt was up in the clouds, but not bad, and I didn't have the usual three pounds of dust sitting on top of my rear wiper blade (XJ)
      Traction was great, no dust, no mud, and I got dirtier driving through the coastal rain on the street than on the trail.
      There's supposed to be another 1" coming Tues/Wed but it should still soak in and be great for next weekend.

Comment

Cool, thanx for the report. I'm looking forward to this weekend. Have'nt wheeled in about a month or more.
        “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
        -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

The basic plan is to run the trails of course and 1 or 2 side trails like Yellowjacket. If you plan on attending PM me and I'll reply back with my cell# in case you need to contact someone before your in CB range. We'd like to leave Flying J asap, this will be a full days run. Bring food and warm clothes in case it gets cold. Weather forcast is sunny but Alamo Mtn.'s over 8000'.

See you there, should be fun. B&T TJ

Comment

Alamo Mt is 7367ft at it's summit.
            Dutchman Camp, the high point at the exit to the Miller Jeep Trail is 6716ft.
            There are only two mountians in Ventura county over 8000ft, Mt Pinos and Frazier Mt.
            But , yes, it gets cold up there.

Comment

I SO WANT TO GO! There will be mud and it will be a fun run! Sorry I have to miss this one.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertF
                Wasn't my intensions as I figured it would be too muddy.
                Is that like being to drunk to fish

:hijack:

Sorry!
                [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
                In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Ah I hate mud.
                  Screws up every moving part on my rig
                  and takes out the alternator all the time.
                  You all that like a good mud bath just keep
                  on a sinkin money and time into replacing parts
                  instead of wheelin.
                  Let the flaming begin.

Comment

This was Rowher Flats about a year ago. Mud was fun but not deep or nasty enough to screw up the Jeep. I mean , what are jeeps for...........looking perty? I would understand mud like Azusa though, that stuff is nasty, fun but nasty. Thats where it gets up into components. I figure Miller is rocky enough to where it won't be knee deep.

Comment

I figure Miller is rocky enough to where it won't be knee deep.[/QUOTE]

...and Paul can't wait to try that new locker. Should be fun.

Not big on sticky stuff myself, my Jeep's perty, for now. Hopefully it won't rain for a day or two prior.

Looks like a small group, you & me. Wanna go earlier?

Comment

Guys,

Im thinking of doing this run also.First weekend in a long time that work or family dont get me tied up.

I've never been there,so more of an incentive to go.I wont know till friday though.

Hopefully it wont be raining.

p.s. Im also not too fond of mud.
                        Last edited by mischifdad; 10-20-04, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
                          Looks like a small group, you & me. Wanna go earlier?
                          Earlier than what? I figure I can get to the flying j by 830, 9am. Looks like a few heads may show up.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                            Earlier than what? I figure I can get to the flying j by 830, 9am. Looks like a few heads may show up.
                            I guess if we leave about 7 a.m. we'd get there around 8:30 a.m. which is good for me. If it's just us we'll go after fueling up. By Friday I'm sure we'll know if others are comming. All welcome, this is a good trail, not too diffcult but not a Sunday drive either. The rain should make it interesting.

B&T TJ

Please PM if your going to make it with a form of contact, I'll reply with my cell number, thanks.

Comment

Got my trail face on! Can you find the magnet?

B&T TJ

Comment

Offically count me out. As much as I want to do this, the money used for the trip is better spent on a new track bar.

And I don't see the magnet unless its the sticker on the rocker guards that moved from the back to the front.
                                Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
                                X