Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haulapai Mtns trip

I just got back from a trip through the Haulapai (wall-a-pie) mountains in Northern AZ. We had a group of 7 from SoCal, AZ, and NM along for the 4 days, and 3 from the Kingman area for one day. I don't have many pics (will steal them as others post up), but I just have to share one that I always get a kick out of. This is Joan (I hope I am getting the name right). She is a wonderful young lady who isn't about to let her husband drive "her" jeep. She did a great job, and has some cool mods to her CJ (including a 10" stretch, pro-rock 60's, tube fenders, lots of steel plate, and a SWEET rear leaf spring set up (which I don't have pictures of----but will come up with a drawing for you leaf spring guys). Anyway, meet Joan:

http://www.4wdtrips.net/forum/attach...ntitled-24.jpg

olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

SWEET!! Sounds like a blast, damn, if we only had a helicopter. Or a few more weekends in the year.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Few more pics.

http://www.whitethaiger.net/albums/H...ucks/index.htm

KG6OWO

Comment

Sound like a great run.

and

Thanks for sharing the pictures.
        Joe Rojas
        1994 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Awesome pics Brian! Hey I see Wolfie but I don't see the Beast ... you guys done putting the BDS lift on it or not yet?
          03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
          "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Yea. The lift was on in time for the trip, but at the last minute we found out that the upper A-arm that looked bent really was bent, so he left his truck at home and rode with me. We just got done fixing the A-arm about an hour ago. Actually, we replaced it with the arm from Steve's truck, and added some reinforcement to both arms. Basically we boxed in the front half of each upper arm with 1/4" plate. We took a few pics, and will probably post them over on the zr2 site.

KG6OWO

Comment

Sweet ... sounds like you guys are having too much fun over there. Man I sometimes wish I wasn't so far out this way ... especially since the "white sh*t" is going to show up anytime soon
              03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
              "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

It's not really the white sh!t that you have to worry about, it is the cold that the white sh!t brings with it!

And yes, we are having too much fun down here. You know Kyle moved down to Tucson this month, right? He is running the Tucson lab for Essilor now. We are starting to get a good group down here....now if Kyle would be in town for a weekend sometime, we could get the fuel injection put in his scrambler and start hitting some rocks (yea, I know, you have to dig out the dictionary to see what that word means).....

KG6OWO

Comment

Another gallery from the trip.

http://www.bajataco.com/hualapai/index.htm

KG6OWO

Comment

Sorry I missed that

Man I wish I had known about a Haulapai trip. I have mapped most of the trails in Mohave County in the Haulapais Blacks and Cerbats. I bet you had fun
                    EE

Comment

It was a great trip. Phil and Joan from the Haulapai 4-wheelers joined us for the day and led us down Wheeler Wash and Moss Wash.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
                      X