Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Chance Canyon

A few of us got together to run a trail that we had descovered the last time we were at Last Chance. This is an off shoot just prior to the V notch. It was probably one of the hardest trails I have ran. This definately was not for the skiddish. Hard lockers were a must. Included in this trail was a 6' 80* waterfall that was rather interesting, not going up but coming back down. We could only get so far and the trail kept getting harder and harder. We eventually had to turn around (we went less than 1.5 miles). Going back down the trail was as hard as going up. The trip took us almost 8 hours. Included in the group were, Chis L/Deb, Chris(dukes)tam(Jeepgal), eric (nailer) and myself. Here are some of the pics I took. I'm sure there will be more.
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=3490765093
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Awesome pics Al, I can't believe you guys went up that waterfall! Good job, wish I could've been there, but I had to move a section of fence.
    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

in this picture, both rear tires on chris l's rig are in the air.
      thank god we snatched him down the waterfall

check out the other 130 pics at www.nailer341.com in the photo gallery.
      DEAD END WASH
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

That was a BLAST!

I was exhausted when we got home...It was GREAT to meet Deb (ChrisL's almost wife)

Ill have pics up soon

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
          That was a BLAST!

I was exhausted when we got home...It was GREAT to meet Deb (ChrisL's almost wife)

Ill have pics up soon

Tam
          i'll second that
          it was a pleasure to meet you, deb. it will be nice to see you both on the trail again. i had a fantastic time!

there were a few brief moments of trail carnage. duke suffered a brake line failure on the hard line of his jeep. this was fixed with a zap of the ready welder. bending it over would not do the job. it kept cracking. then after overcoming the brief ALARM problem, we were on our way again. a short distance down the trail, i had a broken brake line as well. a few minutes to fix that one, and we kept on down the trail.
          a few minor dents, and some highly tense off camber moments later, and we wer on our way home
          lots of fun!!!
          ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT
            Awesome pics Al, I can't believe you guys went up that waterfall! Good job, wish I could've been there, but I had to move a section of fence.
            Going up was easy, it was going down that was a pita. As you can see wee had to be strapped down and Chris L (who was last) had to be winched.

Comment

Here is another nice one
              it looks like chris L is pissing on your jeep while duke laughs at him
              ERIK

Comment

HA!

Chris (Dukes) was messin' with him...Rocking his Jeep back and forth, past that point where your stomach is in your mouth. ChrisL was laughing at them. Al was crappin' his pants. He thought for sure he was a gonner.

We had alot of near rolls yesterday. Most were safe because we took extra precautions. But there was one where Deb was driving, with ChrisL spotting her down the first waterfall. She knew she had the wrong line, kept telling him that it felt wrong. He had her continue down. When the backside of the Jeep started going over, Al jumped onto the passengerside rear corner and held on for dear life. His feet dangled a few feet off the ground for several tense moments, while Deb backed it out of the odd position it was in. If it werent for Al's heroic efforts (and HUGE COJONES), shed have gone over for sure.

Anyway...Lots of fun!

Tam

Comment

Woah! Nice pics!
                  So is it worth running it again?
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I'd do it again.

Comment

looks like an awesome trail. Also seems that something wierd is happening out there with gravity.... note the CB cord in this and the next couple of pictures

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictur...3&from_album=1
                      [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]2001 TJ with stuff..[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                        I'd do it again.
                        me too!
                        it is a HARD locker trail with NO fear of body damage, or broken parts.
                        ERIK

Comment

That is actually a pic going up not down. My cameraman must have been lost.

Comment

I figured it was, but it looks cool anyway..
                            [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]2001 TJ with stuff..[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                              That is actually a pic going up not down. My cameraman must have been lost.
                              One word of advise before uploading pics...rotate.

Comment

Working...
                              X