Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northerners Rubicon Run

A group of us from Plumas County ran the Rubicon on the 13th,14th &15th.Tarzan took his CJ-5 and I was his passenger.
    Three of the rigs had to winch through the Gate Keeper, the Gate Keeper was brutal. One of the rigs that went with us was a rock buggy and he took on the Little Sluice.Watching his rig work through the Little Sluice was impressive.
    We camped at Buck Island and the following day we worked are way to the top where we chose to decend down the slab which was a series of steep drops. The Big Siuice was beat up bad from the Jeepers Jamboree so it was a tough challenge. We left Rubicon Springs early Sunday morning. Cadillac Hill was tough, as it had also suffered damage from the Jeepers Jamboree. We all had a great time.

Winch through Gatekeeper???

Wow! Im suprised Was it more difficult due to JJ?

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
      Winch through Gatekeeper???

Wow! Im suprised Was it more difficult due to JJ?

Tam
      It can't be. Everything gets easier due to the JJ.
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

We went through on the 13th without winching but it did have big ruts. And it's a whole different story going through at night.
        Dan

Comment

yes i was the driver of that cj the almighty tarzan lol we call what white called the gate keeper the postpile i went throw when shara and the crew did a few weeks ago that when i met her and found this great sight we had a blast but the trial was relly beat up for the jam i have some pics but dont know how to put the on here lol have a good one im gald white had a good time he was on the trial 30 years ago he didnt recioze it not ven the big sluice lol
          I am the Tarzan!

Comment

DARFC

Comment

Working...
            X