Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: The "Y"-Trails and Dishpan Springs

My friends Jason and Liz are visiting the USA from New Zealand. They wanted a Jeeping outing while they were here so I set up a run of the trails from Pinnacles staging area to Dishpan Springs.

We aired down at the staging area:

I gave the leader wrong directions and caused us to accidentally skip 3N34X, the first trail that I wanted to hit. Instead we took Willow Creek Jeep trail over to the first of the "Y"-trails: 2N28Y:

We took the other two "Y" trails: 2N27Y and 2N29Y over and back down to 3N34:

From there, we made our way to Dishpan Springs. The trail is nice and rough at the Devil's Slide and no one took the easy way:

At the Waterfall, all the lines were tried:

I decided to try the Waterfall face even though I wasn't sure about getting across the gullies if I made it to the top. It took a couple of tries, but I got up the fall:

Then the real challenge was tackled. Getting across the very tilty and deep holes. A BIG THANKS to everyone for the help, and especially Chuck for the spotting:

Thankfully, everyone made it without carnage:

Jason drove Mr. Green the whole day with the only exception being the Waterfall obstacle. He did a great job. We made sure that we got some poser shots to remember the trip by:

I have REALLY missed getting out on the trails with friends! It was a beautiful day and a great day exploring the forest. Thanks again to everyone that came out.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Had a great time Mike thanks for posting up the run. It was great meeting some new people and seeing those of you we've met before.
    I did it just the way you told me too!!!

Comment

Had a great time, let's do it again soon.

Comment

Thanks for putting this run together, Mike. I had a great time and it was good to see old and new faces.
        "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

It really was a good time. Thanks again to everyone that came out. I put together a YouTube video if you are interested. You can see it at this link: https://youtu.be/VgiFusExJKg
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
          X