Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great time fellas, I definitely broke in the Willys pretty good I think

The leaf spring that bent, as settled back almost to where it was originally. I wonder if I should just run this to moab as is? I'm going to call Atlas and see if they can get me a replacement before then.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Had a great time out there on the rocks. GIJeepN is worked great, I need to take the rear axels out to see how bad the seal is or if there is anything else wrong, I also found the rear diff to be leaking so that will come off as well.
      Here are the pictures I took while out there. They aren't too good, mostly pics of rock piles, but here they are.

Comment

I didn't take many photos, but I got one of Jonah on what I'm going to call "leaf spring alley" or something, right here is where we both messed up our leaf springs, haha! Not a particularly difficult part of the trail, but for some reason the driver front of our old jeeps just didn't like this line.

[COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Chucky took the bonus line at the end of Hammerdown sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            Chucky took the bonus line at the end of Hammerdown sweet!
            And he made it despite my clumsy spotting. I need to go jeeping more....

I will add my photos in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
              I'm going to call "leaf spring alley" or something
              Leaf Cleaver Canyon?
              Shackle Slaughter Sluice?
              Willys Wreaker Way?

Yes, I always go for the alliteration...I can't contain myself.

Comment

Comment

We had a great time wheelin with you guys. Nice pics!

Comment

Nice photos Jonah! How did it go flat towing? Did you get it home yet?

Shackle Slaughter Sluice, hah, I like that

Comment

Had a great time guys. Really miss that place. I'm going back this weekend but on one of the bikes.

The rest of my pictures are here
                      Check out .

Comment

Thanks! Towing was no problem. I was a bit nervous the first few miles but there was no difference from normal. I ordered a couple of Old Man Emu springs with military wrap. With 2" lift, they will be too tall but I am going to pull a few leaves and see if I can make them work.

Are you going to be able to get a new spring in time?

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                          Had a great time guys. Really miss that place. I'm going back this weekend but on one of the bikes.
                          The rest of my pictures are here
                          Yeah, that is my favorite place to go jeepin. Have fun on the bike and thanks for the pics!

Comment

To the tally of broken parts I have to add a Cracked Rear Axle Upper Control Arm/Track bar Mount (at least it looks like a crack). Not too sure when it happened, but it will get fixed (hopefully this weekend).

Comment

Originally posted by DriverJC View Post
                              To the tally of broken parts I have to add a Cracked Rear Axle Upper Control Arm/Track bar Mount (at least it looks like a crack). Not too sure when it happened, but it will get fixed (hopefully this weekend).
                              Ouch. That may have been the shaking. Glad you made back ok.
                              Check out .

Comment

It was a bend exactly like that, that inspired my coilover build. I suppose "inspiration point" wouldn't sound quite right though...
                                God forgives, rocks don't
                                -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
                                X