Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Panamint Valley Days November 13-15th

Hi Guys,
    I am inviting any of you who want to join me for PVD this year. It is really cool out there. There are all levels of trails and tons of history to see and explore. We are looking for 1-2 MJR members who would be willing to lead a run Saturday to Cummins Cut Off. I always lead it on Friday, but I would like to try a new trail on Saturday. I know Scotty and his dad come, but not sure who else comes. I think Russ attends too. I can give you info on the trail if you would like to lead it on Saturday. It is a really cool trail that ends at a mine. It is a CAL 4WD event. It is really fun and mellow out there. It is not an easy trail, so one locker and 33's at least. I get there Thursday and runs start on Friday.
    You can type in Panamint Valley Days and it will come up online.

Let me know,

Kevin

I might be able make it this year at least I planning on it. I saw the committee was looking for trail runners. I don't enough of the area to lead a run though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
      I might be able make it this year at least I planning on it. I saw the committee was looking for trail runners. I don't enough of the area to lead a run though.
      Cool, if you come run Cummins with me Friday and bring a headlight too.

Comment

Cool. The last time I was there, I had some issues on the last waterfall before the mine. The Jeep has been modified since then. Time to try again.

Comment

Russ and I are going. I'm headed up on Thursday. Running Cummins and Isham.
          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

It's official. I've got the time off and I'll be up there early Thursday afternoon the 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
              It's official. I've got the time off and I'll be up there early Thursday afternoon the 12th.
              Cool, did you want to lead Cummins on Saturday. They still need a guide. I like one day to just follow and see cool scenic stuff. I led Isham and Cummins for years. I just like to lead Cummins Friday and then explore an easier run Saturday. If not, no biggie. See you there. I have the Poison Spyder LJ Solar Yellow. Gohler Wash and Jail Canyon are great runs by the way.
              I am sorry I saw you said you don't know the area that well. You can run Cummins with me Friday if you want.
              Isham has become a much harder trail.

Comment

I will be leading Isham Canyon on Saturday and could use a couple of gunners. Trail has gotten much harder than in past years due to the rains so well equipped rigs would be welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by 03Rubi View Post
                  I will be leading Isham Canyon on Saturday and could use a couple of gunners. Trail has gotten much harder than in past years due to the rains so well equipped rigs would be welcome.
                  I ran Isham 8 times and have had all I need ever on that trail!! I was leading the run two years ago and broke my drive shaft on the first hill climb! See you there! We need a MJR member to lead Cummins on Saturday.

Comment

I think I remember that, you led the run on Friday? I was leading on Saturday

Comment

Yes! We fixed my shaft, but I was done. I have done it 6 times with zero issues and two times with major issues...I enjoy trying new scenic and historic trails now on Saturday. That is why I stopped leading Isham and just lead Cummins.

Comment

Putting this on my calendar. Gonna do Rogers Veterans day run then drive from there out to Panamint... weather permitting.
                        "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwater View Post
                          Putting this on my calendar. Gonna do Rogers Veterans day run then drive from there out to Panamint... weather permitting.
                          Cool, usually lucky with weather each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Red rubicon View Post
                            I ran Isham 8 times and have had all I need ever on that trail!! I was leading the run two years ago and broke my drive shaft on the first hill climb! See you there! We need a MJR member to lead Cummins on Saturday.
                            I was leading along with Kevin that day and it was a hard day. Normally Isham was a 3-4 hour run, now its 6-8hrs assuming no major repairs. The floods down there have made all the climbs much steeper/deeper. I'll do it again next year for sure, but I'm not able to make it this year.

Comment

Working...
                            X