Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Gee, quiet here

Seems kind of quiet here. I know lots of folks are looking to get their kids back into school, and many are now recovering from too much fun camping, wheeling, and adventuring. But, what is anyone planning for runs this fall?
    Now is time to plan, and with the majority of campers going back to the anthills they call home, the campgrounds, and trails are opening up.
    Some places I am looking to go to;
    1) Redo the Mojave Road, and see the desert megaphone, explore the lava tubes more, and take a chuckle at the "frog pond" by the post office.

2) Run up to the Mammoth, Bishop/Benton Crossing area for some soaking in the hottubs, and to explore and photograph the petroglyphs.

3) run up to Laurel Lakes, and explore more of the eastern sierra.

any others in mind???

I've had 3 runs cancelled on me.....Dusy, Rubicon and Fordyce. I'm game to go..but everyone who was supposed to go got their vacation time cancelled or broke on a few of my last runs. anyone want to do any of those...or just anything rock crawl certified? I'm looking for Aug/early sept. I told my XO to cancel my leave Aug 19-25th b/c I cant find anyone who can get the time off /and who has the money for the bigger trips............

I'm not looking for a dirt road.

Lorie
    Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by slickrock steve View Post
      Seems kind of quiet here. I know lots of folks are looking to get their kids back into school, and many are now recovering from too much fun camping, wheeling, and adventuring. But, what is anyone planning for runs this fall?
      Now is time to plan, and with the majority of campers going back to the anthills they call home, the campgrounds, and trails are opening up.
      Some places I am looking to go to;
      1) Redo the Mojave Road, and see the desert megaphone, explore the lava tubes more, and take a chuckle at the "frog pond" by the post office.

2) Run up to the Mammoth, Bishop/Benton Crossing area for some soaking in the hottubs, and to explore and photograph the petroglyphs.

3) run up to Laurel Lakes, and explore more of the eastern sierra.

any others in mind???
      If you do any of the Mammoth/Bishop type things, please post up! I love that area and would love to do more exploring if I can.
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

should of said something.. I ran the Dusy last week.
        still the best trail in the country.
        It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Dusy is fun for sure, I love to run Kaiser pass to Ershim campground and back is the fun part of the trail

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive View Post
            should of said something.. I ran the Dusy last week.
            still the best trail in the country.
            A contingent of our On the Rocks group was also there Wed-Sun.
            Rich

Comment

I am itch8ng to get the Hell out of my house. Sitting around healing is killing me! I'm not supposed to but I would like to make a run up Rattlesnake or something midweek. I just need some mountain time.
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Midweek rattlesnake works for me. We could throw in Heartbreak ridge if it wasn't closed from the fire. I don't think it was.
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

I'm with you Kurt. Been on house mods for months. If possible I'd like to tag along.
                  You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

I am up for a mild run. Just fixed some minor damage from Fordyce.
                    Mike
                    "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwater View Post
                      I am up for a mild run. Just fixed some minor damage from Fordyce.
                      Mike

Glad to see you're still runnin' Mike..you mentioned something at CB last time I saw ya. I'm headed out to AZ to hit some mountain rocks with friends next week but plan on BB in Oct. We may play around and camp in CB this Wednesday late afternoon/eve on our way out to AZ. I bought a 96 Dodge Cummins 5.9L to tow my rig...if ya come out, you'll see it if we're playing. It's a dark green..big.
                      Jeep Girl

Comment

Congrats on the truck. They're great tugs. Gotta go up to Fresno to help mom this week. Enjoy the trip, Arizona is awesome.

Mike
                        "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

I was checking this website for trail runs for months this year and finally gave up looking. Most of the usual suspects for trail rides has dried up this year. WTF??

Comment

Yep. Pretty scary. MJR Ghost Town. It gets like this from time to time but comes back. It's a small site compared to other forums so people come and go pretty regularly. If you want to go somewhere post it up.
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

:tumble:
                              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X