Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Barrett Lake Gate Width

The width of the "post" at the entrance to Barrett Lake are at 82" wide. My rig is 84" wide.......has anyone ever tried or know if someone could still make the squeeze. I've heard two different responses when I tell someone of my dilemma. Some say air up to about 50 lbs, others say air down to make the tire more pliable. My rim width is 79" so there's no worries about rim damage. And its not worth to go to a smaller tire size at the cost.... Im just curious to know if I can make it at all with my width?

Thanks in advance for any feedback...

First of all, I am glad to hear that someone is planning to run the Barrett Lake trail. I am assuming that it means that is is open again.
    This trail has been on my bucket list for years, unfortunately, the new build will probably not allow me into the "posted" gate.

Please post up your experiences when you try it out. I hope to learn from you.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

can you squeeze in at an angle?
      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

I randomly came across this article and remembered that there was a question about the width of the gate on here. They are saying that the gate is now 86'' wide. The project JK guys got a 4door rubicon with full width axles and 13.5 inch wide tires through the gate.

Here is a link to their report: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ng-Trip-Report

I hope this helps and you get to run the trail!

Comment

Originally posted by explorer1 View Post
          I randomly came across this article and remembered that there was a question about the width of the gate on here. They are saying that the gate is now 86'' wide. The project JK guys got a 4door rubicon with full width axles and 13.5 inch wide tires through the gate.

Here is a link to their report: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ng-Trip-Report

I hope this helps and you get to run the trail!
          Great link! Now REALLY want to run Barrett Lake. Bumped to the top of the bucket list.....
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
          X