Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: High Desert Roundup

HDR is a couple of weeks away over Memorial Day weekend. Anyone from MJR attending? I'll be there. It's either attend this event or see what home improvement project my wife has planned over the holiday weekend. She likes to paint, I like to camp and wheel. Seems fair enough plus I don't have to dodge a paint brush if I try to help her.

Plan to be there with my club On the Rocks. We run the Teeter Totter and have for close to 15 years.
    Rich

Comment

I plan to go. Are we ready to defend our "best equipped" championship??
      If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
      KI6MLU

Comment

I'll be heading out Thursday sometime.

Scott
        Come to the dark side.....
        We have Cookies!

Comment

I am trying to talk my wife into attending. We have never been here for this event.
          Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
          Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

I'll be out there again this year. I'm looking forward to it as its always a great time. Hope to see everyone having a good time.
            WOKNROX!
            Let's go wheelin!

Comment

Jason and I are camped north west of the vender area against the fence.
              Was breezy and low 50s last night. Didn't help that I forgot my jacket and Jason forgot his thermals.
              Try to find cold weather gear in the desert in late May.

Scott
              Last edited by Zoobi; 05-22-15, 11:32 PM.
              Come to the dark side.....
              We have Cookies!

Comment

N 34 45.598'
                w 117 00.759'
                If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                KI6MLU

Comment

Jason, it was nice meeting you yesterday. Good conversation and good luck with your volunteer effort with HDR next year.
                  Rich

Comment

We had a lot of fun at HDR this year.....altho a few mishaps. Looks like the fun I was having last weekend at Cougar Buttes broke the mount for my carrier bearing on my buggy. This caused my front drive shaft to move enough to wear a hole in my auto trans fluid return line. Will find out for sure this week when I take some things apart. Luckily I had my wife drive the JK out and we used it to run the new Jack Rabbit Trail. We did have a major mishap on a nice waterfall with one of my club guys. He put his TJ on its top. We got him righted with no additional damage and headed back to camp for cocktail time. On Sunday On the Rocks once again ran the Teeter Totter. We probably had half the number of trys than in years past. Hopefully the event grows. The wind was off and on and did not really impact any activities. It was actually pretty cool.
                    Rich

Comment

Rich,
                      I enjoyed meeting you as well. Thank you for the encouraging words about my volunteering next year. I have over the years shown up early to help set up the base camp and have MC'd the raffle a couple of years. We'll see what happens next year.
                      I did lead the Fri night run because it was listed that they needed a leader. I thought why not? So with that in mind, Zoobie and I pre-ran a trail during the day it all looked great. When it got dark all was thrown out the window. Started with my tail gunner being on the wrong channel. He knew I was going the wrong way and he couldn't reach me. So we were close but the wrong canyon. We eventually got back to the road hit one more hill and called it a run. All part of the adventure.
                      On Sunday, Scott, Russ, and I found the trail I tried to lead and did some more putting around the desert. On our way back we were heading down a gas-line road and what we thought was going to be a way back to the 247 was a big uphill dead end.

This is Scott on the CB, "Why is it as we get closer that hill look like it's dead end?"

I won one of the raffle prizes on Sunday night. Auburn Gear Performance Limited Slip Differential (High performance or Pro) or ECTED MAX.
                      I might have to put limited slip/locker in the back of the o'l F-150. The Jeep doesn't have 27 spline axles in the D-30 anymore and I'm running a Detroit in the rear which also has Superior axles. I have to check the sline count on that as well. Might put it on E-bay and see what I can get for it. I still had a great time and I'll see whoever goes next year.
                      Last edited by Jason; 05-28-15, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Well, I lucked out and had no weld breaks. Turns out the bolts at the bottom of my carrier bearing mount were loose. What really sucks, is that when I had the skid plate off to do some other work, why didn't I go and make sure all bolts were tight. It would have only taken a few minutes and as a retiree, I do have plenty of time......
                        Rich

Comment

Red loctite is your friend Rich

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                            Red loctite is your friend Rich
                            Yes it is.
                            Rich

Comment

Working...
                            X