Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: IDTT 2015 photos

Great time everyone!

I got a few photos of our small group that hit Odessa and Doran on Saturday morning. Mat, Ryan, Jim and myself. We didn't have any trouble or broken parts in our run, everything went smooth a pretty quick. I don't know about the other groups and other runs. Didn't really hit much traffic on the trails either.

It was warm, but there was a nice cool breeze most of the time.

Last edited by daniel_buck; 03-22-15, 07:11 PM.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Sweet pics, sweet fried treats and a sweet weekend! Thanks to everyone who came out, it was truly epic! Will post some pics tomorrow. Need to get one of those fancy wifi readers for the DSLR lol. Can't wait for the next trip.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

This was a great IDTT!!! One of the best that I have been to. How can you go wrong with the great folks, a full roasted pig, Shooting, Jeeping (or trucking for some of us :sad, Fireworks, Horseshoes, Shenanigans, and in the evening there might have been a touch of whiskey involved, but I can not confirm or deny that.

And, I think that the only carnage was on my truck!

The chef was dressed appropriately for dressing the pig:

Please note the sexy apron and its art:

Meanwhile, Doug (FishPOET) set up an amazing target range:

And shooting table:

Thanks Roger for letting me shoot your AR. The green dot is super sweet!:

Then we were off to adventure! I have always wanted to follow the tunnels of the Bismarck Mine under the road and up to the exit on the Doran Canyon side. We did that, then went back to explore the side tunnels that we skipped. Since we decided to do this, I can say that Bismarck is one of the coolest mines that I have been in!

You won't see this part unless you are willing to follow Doug into some sketchy places:

On other paths, we found dead ends full of business cards in the rocks:

We found a spooky spot that made us glad to go back safely. This pic is hardly able to share the fear that this view generates, but I will try to explain. This is looking almost straight up into a tunnel that is slightly smaller than Jeep-sized. It is about 20 to 30 feet above the rocky pile of debris that you are standing on. The loose rock that forms the upper portion has nothing supporting it. The next big quake (or maybe a smaller one) is likely to bring this down:

After playing in the mine for an hour and a half, we headed back to camp down West Phillips Loop:

I crushed my steering stabilizer at this spot:

But Auggie in his Taco walked through it easily:

The Black Pearl was running tailgunner with Camille riding shotgun:

Back at camp, we prepared side dishes to go with the roasted pig and then stuffed ourselves on wonderful food!

After dinner, Chuck, Alysia, Auggie, and I hiked up to the top of Camp Rock for the view:

Back at camp, we shot my black powder pistol in the twilight for the fun of it. I was lucky enough to catch this amazing pic with my phone:

Then, of course, the shenanigans and good times started rolling:

After we got home, and after a nap, I fixed the only carnage that I know of from the weekend: my steering stabilizer. Just for general reference, it should not look like this:

I really had fun! I hope that everyone else had as good of a time as I did!
      Last edited by sarah; 03-24-15, 10:55 AM.
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Hello Sarah. The weekend was terrific and enjoyed meeting some folks. Sorry I didn't meet you in person but I so appreciate your kindness and welcome. Hope to do more with the group
        Being square is cool

Comment

Calico Early Man Site:

Oops!

Melanie (Melsfun)

Brian (Kaffa)

George (TDSSD)

Jason:

Scott (Zoobi):

Brett (vwtipelli):

(continued)
          Last edited by Russ Chung; 03-24-15, 02:39 AM.
          If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
          KI6MLU

Comment

Another water crossing--George (TDSSD)

Melanie (Melsfun):

Brian (Kaffa):

Brett (Vwtipelli):

Jason:

Scott (Zoobi):

Afton Canyon:

UPRR Trestle. From left to right, Zoobi's white TJ, Jason's green YJ, Russ Chung's khaki TJ, TDSSD's black JK, Melsfun's yellow YJ, Kaffa's black TJ, and vwtipelli's black YJ:

Campfire:

Last edited by Russ Chung; 03-24-15, 05:59 PM.
            If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
            KI6MLU

Comment

I didn't even know there was water out there :-D
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
              www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

WTH is that IDIOT doing put'n a revolver's barrel in his mouth?:omg:
                That puts ALL gun owners/shooters in a very poor light.
                Really did enjoy the other pictures!
                LG
                Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"] ummmm. ...LG? I'm not seeing this, maybe my feed is edited? It certainly doesn't sound like something we'd allow or condone. [/COLOR]
                  [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                  Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                    [COLOR="#800000"] ummmm. ...LG? I'm not seeing this, maybe my feed is edited? It certainly doesn't sound like something we'd allow or condone. [/COLOR]
                    Looks like the mods pull'd it-:thumbs_up
                    STILL, that level of ABSOLUTE STUPID, is just unbelievable.:angry:
                    LG

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy Grits View Post
                      Looks like the mods pull'd it-:thumbs_up
                      STILL, that level of ABSOLUTE STUPID, is just unbelievable.:angry:
                      LG
                      It was a trick of the camera. It actually took several shots to get it to look like it did. The barrel is actually a couple of inches from his face.

I suppose that it is better that the pic was pulled since it turned out so believable. Sorry to spook anyone, The guy that looks like he has it in his face is actually the guy that was most muzzle conscious of the group and took the time to make sure that the situation was safe for the pic. Ironic.
                      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                        I didn't even know there was water out there :-D
                        That's at the Afton camp ground, off the I-15 , Afton exit. Was surprise to see the pictures. Been inviting people to join us for years. Russ must of put a gun, or black mailed them, to get them to go.

Comment

We had the most reponsible group in all of history... So I was surprised too, and the explanation makes much better sense. I deleted the pic yesterday after the thread report - but sorry I didn't have time to post a comment. I saw the photo as a beer - proves what was in my mind...

I'll get my photos up today!
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                            We had the most reponsible group in all of history... So I was surprised too, and the explanation makes much better sense. I deleted the pic yesterday after the thread report - but sorry I didn't have time to post a comment. I saw the photo as a beer - proves what was in my mind...

I'll get my photos up today!
                            Folks-I'm the one who 'reported' that picture in question. IMO-That picture was a huge disservice to responsible firearms owners. With the stupid gun laws today, we don't need to 'feed' the gun-grabbers.
                            We must stay vigilant and pro-active with firearm ownership. Just as we do in jeep'n.
                            Look'n forward to seeing more jeep'n pictures-
                            Respectfully,
                            LG

Comment

Great pics! Great times! Kristina and I had a blast and look forward to the next trip with y'all!
                              Bryan
                              2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
                              front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
                              Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

Working...
                              X