Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Dec 26 - Ord Mountains

Phil, Craig, and I have been doing a Dec 26 day trip for many years. This year we decided on the Ord Mountains. I talked to the best expert I knew on the area (Roger), who offered to join us and show a couple of his favorite spots.

The group grew to 10 people in 5 vehicles (more the merrier): Phil (gpphantom), Craig, Don (Craig’s brother in law), Roger (Roger), Allen (Roger’s neighbor), Kevin (4xfiend), Chris (Kevin’s wife), Carlos (friend of Kevin/Chris) and Carlos’ wife.

We met at Café 247 in Lucerne Valley, but quickly had to change breakfast plans (broken water line had them out of business for the day). “El Coyote Loco” turned out to be a good alternative. We then headed up 247 a couple miles and Roger lead us to Quill Spring, Joker Spring, Tyler Valley (lunch), east to Ord Belt mine, then over to Power Line road and south by Cougar Buttes on the way home.

It was a great day of desert exploring. Thank you Roger for leading.

First lookout:

Roger and Chris at Quill Spring:

Lunch:

Ord Belt Mine:

Resident inside mine:

Yucca ring (per the sign, origins of this ring are 2,100 years old)

Last edited by CVD; 12-27-14, 08:13 PM. Reason: Correction - Ord Belt mine

Correction Cliff, that was the Ord Belt mine. But thanks for inviting me. I had a great time as did my son's father in law Allan. Where are we going to explore next?
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]Looks like a lot of fun out there....and chilly too![/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

looks like a great trip!

Comment

Looks like a fun day

Comment

Working...
          X