Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: hwy 18 closure

Well I went up to Big Bear yesterday bright and early to do some gold prospecting on a gpaa claim and the 18 was closed from 8am to 3pm mon thru fri til the 30th if i recall. I came up the 330 to the 18 and had to end up taking green valley road all the way around to 3n16. PITA.

SO, if you're gonna go up to big bear you need to take the 38 back and around.

By the time I honed in on the claim coordinates, it was to late in the day and didn't care to camp that night. pissy.
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

[COLOR="#800000"]So if I head up Friday for AAT work this weekend, I'll be alright as long as I'm not trying to get through before 3pm?

Thanks for the heads up.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

correct. I dont know where along the 18 it closes either but it's near the dam

Comment

The closure at the top is just past the dam.
        Rich

Comment

The full road closure on SR-18 is between Snow Valley and Big Bear Dam. The hours of the closure are, 8am to 3pm, Monday through Thursday. NO Friday closures. And it is through the month of October ending on the 30th.
          HTH

Steve
          All slow and no show

Comment

so if I wanted to take the north side of the lake I'd be ok coming up the 330?

Comment

Yes, for Fri., Sat., or Sunday. Or after 3pm Mon. ~ Thur.
              All slow and no show

Comment

Working...
              X