Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Cougar Buttes Trip Report

We had a great three days at Cougar Buttes. Curtis, Joe, and his cousin and I got there early Friday. We were joined by my friends from Red Peak Off Road later that night. Almost empty out there , so we had it mostly to ourselves. We had a TJ, LJ, 2 door Jk, 4 door JK, and a Zuki Buggy. The heat wasn't as bad as we thought and the afternoon and evenings were perfect with cool breezes and plenty of stars. We ran parts of Bullfrog, Cakewalk, Hammerdown, and the Buggy did Grinder and Georgie's Crack.

The Good
    Great runs with great people.
    Awesome trail guide Curtis ( nice to follow someone else for a change) doing his fast and furious intertwined highlight runs of the best of Cougar Buttes.
    Great campfires, sunsets, sunrises, zero wind, great yellow moon rising each night.
    Really good music, and food.

The Bad
    A Nice clean Toyota rolled right behind us on Hammerdown
    After making easy work of most of Hammerdown, I followed Curtis down the big tippy ledge at the end. I have run this three times before with no problem. After Curtis flipped his tire up pretty high a few times, I went way right and then drop in from the far right side. That worked for about ten seconds and then bam tipped over...I let out a few too many F bombs, but then Joe winched me back up and we kept wheeling all weekend. I do need a new windshield,but mostly fine. I covered a small dent with a nice new MJR Decal and Curtis felt that was all I needed to do to fix it. Enjoy the photos and go to the link to view them all.
    http://s406.photobucket.com/user/kma...?sort=3&page=1

Last edited by Red rubicon; 09-16-14, 07:20 PM.

Sad to hear about the couple of oopies, but the trip looks like it was great fun otherwise. Glad that everyone is fine and home safe.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Sad to hear about the couple of oopies, but the trip looks like it was great fun otherwise. Glad that everyone is fine and home safe.
      My new Poison Spyder tube fenders really did their job. The new windshield is about $140.00 installed. The whole screaming f bombs in the middle of Cougar Buttes felt cathartic..and no kids present by the way...I wheeled much better after that too. The trip out here made the heat feel like 88 not 100.

Comment

Had a great time, and met some great people. It was a great way to spend my birthday, saturday. Doing what I enjoy most, WHEEL'N! Thanks to everyone for making it such an enjoyable trip. Big thanks to Curtis, for leading us around, and providing excellent campfire tunes.. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was, at one point everyone was out of their jeeps, and were pointing at lines for me to try in my buggy. I made them all.

I do have some video to share. But I need to edit it down. I'm new to editing, so it may not be up for a week or so, but I'll get it asap.
        It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Kevin where you flopped, I like to stay left, you may need to back up for it but feels much better than going to far right.
          Y'all could have made Georgies crak and Grinder friend of mine did in his 4 banger TJ on 35's. Took him a bit of manuevering, but got it done.
          Other than a lil booboo looks like a great weekend, Sounds like Curtis opend his Disco and dance floor again.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            Kevin where you flopped, I like to stay left, you may need to back up for it but feels much better than going to far right.
            Y'all could have made Georgies crak and Grinder friend of mine did in his 4 banger TJ on 35's. Took him a bit of manuevering, but got it done.
            Other than a lil booboo looks like a great weekend, Sounds like Curtis opend his Disco and dance floor again.
            I have done that spot to the left three times. They thought tying it to the right may be easier,but i guess not. It all happened real fast. I wasn't up for Georgie's Crack after that.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              Georges Crack was a challenge. Some of those holes were pretty big. But your right about the disco, it was hopping. LOL

Comment

Thanks Kevin for putting the run together, it was lots of fun. Joe very impressed with how well your your new buggy does in the big rocks. I can say that if your going to wheel the Hammers and Cougar Buttes build your self a buggy and have more fun. Leave the jeep for easier trails and exploring.
                IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Cool thing about buggies and big boy Jeeps is tghat you don't have to worry as much about damage and it's plain more fun to get carried away with them

Comment

Here's a video I put together, with all the clips I had. This is my 1st time doing this. Let me know if the link doesn't work.

It's mostly me going thru Grinder. Because we were always on the go. I didn't get a lot of footage of everyone else. I put in as much of everyone else, that I could.

http://youtu.be/GSxOSC5HYxg

Comment

Nice video....I wish they had me making it over that spot. I already replaced the windshield. Fun trip despite the flop.

Comment

Originally posted by Red rubicon View Post
                        Nice video....I wish they had me making it over that spot. I already replaced the windshield. Fun trip despite the flop.
                        I was filming you go thru there. After you slid twice, I put down the camera to spot you thru. Sorry I didn't get it.

Comment

Great video joe.
                          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I need to show Ashley the video, she did a great job filming with no way to see what she was actually filming.

Comment

Nice Joe

Comment

Working...
                              X